Votiva/Karen Anderson.. Thoughts?

Hi All,

Common visitor of the forum but first time poster!

Just had this lady walk into my office for something completely unrelated and when we got talking she mentioned she was into property investing and is one of the best in the country etc. etc. but i've never heard of her and when I search her name/company on here there is nothing about her.

She mentioned she has a seminar and just emailed me the link:
http://piia.com.au/events/

What do you think? Worth going?

Nothing here but Google is your friend

Looks like Mortgage Brokers, Real Estate Rental Agency that also source property?

Yeah she said all this stuff about how she will be showing people the way she built a 10 million dollar portfolio in 10 years. Might test my luck and go and if it is just all bs then at least ill have some kind of feedback for others who search for her and find none :)

Well I can tell you that the tax free incentives she is mentioning without naming is NRAS

How to take advantage of the Government’s new annual incentive for property investors… before it’s gone (You’ll be kicking yourself if you miss out on this potential $100,000!).

I know her very well. Votiva and Prime Alliance are the business names she utilises. There's nothing especially bad or negative about her model- and she's actually a pretty nice lady. Ive always found her to be smart and pretty honest. But she's basically running a Qld type marketer operation in NSW - out of offices in Norwest Business Park in Sydney's North West. She also has an office in Qld, on the Gold Coast., from memory.

Like all of these types of companies, the focus is more often than not on House/Land packages in greenfield estates in SE Qld, built by companies like Oracle Homes. Nothing new here, this is what these types of business have been doing since the mid 90's. Only now there's NRAS attached, and of course, the "magic" of NRAS is being used in ads like the one you posted a link to. But as Ive posted many times, NRAS is "magic" when valuations work well as well, otherwise it doesnt add the kind of value to the investor that it should.

So what she's selling isn't anything different or new or magical- nor is it bad - but what is is, is just the same as all the other companies you see on the internet these days...

Anyone who knows me or my posts knows I am quite the advocate for NRAS, and knows that my business is involved in NRAS. I'd like to think I've illuminated the benefits of NRAS quite clearly over the couple of years Ive been posting about it, but I'd also like to think Ive been very clear that it still requires decent stock and valuations for it to work properly for you, and that investors should be wary with a capital W of SE Qld House/Land deals, because of the difficulty with valuations in those areas. NRAS employed well is fantastic. Employed poorly,it loses all its wow factor or "magic"

So, by all means go along and listen- she's a smart lady and may teach you a thing or two, and not all ( almost all of it- but not all ) the NRAS stock in SE Qld is struggling with valuations, so she may have come across a batch where the numbers stack up quite well... just go there with the word VALUATION firmly at the front of your mind :) And if you end up deciding to use her services and look at properties she sells, just make sure you get valuations done up front so you arent getting caught out.

Last edited:
This can be either Dual Key or Dual Occupancy - you get 2 x NRAS tax credits on the deal.

Dual key is 2 dwellings on one title, under one roof. For example, an attached 3 bed + 1 bed, with 2 separate entrances to the two dwellings.

Dual Occupancy is 2 dwellings on one title, detached from each other. For example, a 3 or 4 bedroom home on the front of the lot, with a rear detached double garage that has a studio or 1 bed apartment above it.

In both cases- Govt recognises these as two rentable dwellings for different tenants, so 2 x NRAS can be secured.

It's super charged NRAS, if you will... they don't come up too often and they are almost always house/land/construction deals, and valuations tend to be 30-50K out as a rule, particularly the dual keys; because valuers value them as 4 bedders rather than 3 bed + 1 bed, for example. Some people are more than happy to wear the 30-50K shortfalls because they produce so much cash flow, others- not so much.

The numbers tend to be around 20K CF+ in year 1, growing to over 35K CF+ by year 10, as a general rule. So it's pretty potent cash flow. Double rent. Double NRAS. One lot of stamp duty, rates, insurance etc... And beyond NRAS, you can continue to generate 2 rental incomes from the properties, if you wish.

I guess people have to decide whether tipping an extra 30-50K in to get all that extra / double tax free cash flow back over 10 years, represents a good return on investment... For me- unless the valuations are within 10- 15K I don't go near them and dont let clients consider them. But as I said- some people still want them because of the very high tax free outcome they produce.

PM me if you wanna discuss offline...

Last edited:
Back