WA Suburbs

Been looking at Perth Suburbs below,anyone have thoughts on these suburbs etc

Merriwa
Warnbro
Armadale

Regards
Michael

Seeing as you are from Melbourne i will try to give you an fairly accurate analogy.

The three suburbs you have mentioned are at the lower end of the perth price scale.
Low socio-economic opportunity. read; higher crime
Poor transport and/or long commute time to the city/jobs

think Craigieburn, Melton, Frankston.

in perth you would only live in these suburbs if you had to.

What's your price range? You wnat to buy and rent, renovate and resell?
I don't know Merriwa but I'd take Armadale over Warnboro. There is probably better buying elsewhere though.

Of those 3 suburbs Merriwa would be on top by a long shot! It's close to train line, the beach and mindarie marina which is set to undergo redevelopment and ocean keys shopping centre. If you want to subdivide then maybe armadale cos you can get duplex sites for circa $300k there but it's not a very desirable suburb. Warnbro would be at the bottom of that list by a long way.

I haven't looked at merriwa so not sure what you can get in your price range but that's definitely the best (most desirable) of the 3 IMO

why does it have to be those 3 specific areas and why WA? like mtr said we have already had a lot of growth in the last 12months. if you are simply looking for good capital growth prospects then WA may not be the state for you, maybe QLD - brisbane area?

#1 Merriwa
#2 warnbro
#3 Armadale

Merriwa is a no brainer great returns, low vacancy rate for rentals, low entry price.... Future growth guaranteed.

Warnbro close to the ocean low entry point can't really go wrong

Armadale plenty of redevelopment out it the sticks (Insert what UP said) nothing wrong with that but yeah putting it at #3

Merriwa, merriwa, merriwa gently down the stream........

you get the rest

#1 Merriwa
#2 warnbro
#3 Armadale

Merriwa is a no brainer great returns, low vacancy rate for rentals, low entry price.... Future growth guaranteed.

Warnbro close to the ocean low entry point can't really go wrong

Armadale plenty of redevelopment out it the sticks (Insert what UP said) nothing wrong with that but yeah putting it at #3

Merriwa, merriwa, merriwa gently down the stream........

you get the rest

You dont think the boat's already sailed?

Merriwa = no
Warnbro = to tell you the truth I would not know.... but some people think it might have a little in it over the next 6-12 months
Armadale = yeah probably

note that article is 3 months old... I certainly hope the market hasn't peaked, I am still holding properties underwater vs. 2006, would be nice to see some growth after 7 or 8 years! out of curiosity I just did a check on bog standard 3x2's in cannington, I was trading these sorts of things in 2006 at a smidge under $400k, seems nothing much has changed...

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-cannington-115058687

The Mandurah market is now selling/moving, though I know prices here have not yet come back to the sale prices of 2006/7.

note that article is 3 months old... I certainly hope the market hasn't peaked, I am still holding properties underwater vs. 2006, would be nice to see some growth after 7 or 8 years! out of curiosity I just did a check on bog standard 3x2's in cannington, I was trading these sorts of things in 2006 at a smidge under $400k, seems nothing much has changed...

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-cannington-115058687

actually it seems plenty has changed. they dropped after 2006 and have risen a fair bit in last 12 months.

so id argue for anyone active in the market within the last 7 years there has been lots of change, potentially both up and down

The circa 300K areas of Perth have definitely moved a lot during the last couple of years. A 250k house we missed 17 months ago will fetch 350k now. The acceleration has slowed now so may stop. But buying at the current levels may mean the prices are not going to move for another 6-7 years.:confused:

why does it have to be those 3 specific areas and why WA? like mtr said we have already had a lot of growth in the last 12months. if you are simply looking for good capital growth prospects then WA may not be the state for you, maybe QLD - brisbane area?

Blair
very good point you make. I would certainly be looking at Brissy or even Syd, I know its moved in particular the West, but look at the next pocket to move in Syd, central coast??

This is a side issue, however prices have gone up so much with regards to development sites when I saw my accountant on Monday and we went through the numbers he said I should look at the option of selling the land and don't bother with the headache of building. I am seriously considering this.

I think with all the rezoning that is happening in Perth, these are possibly the areas that went up the most, had a quick look at Girrawheen again, been a while, selling around $420,000, still does not appear to be a lot of stock.

Back