Wall furnace vs split system!

Hi all!

Would be interested to know which would be the best and cheapest option (including installation) between a wall furnace heater or a split system (heat and aircon). It would be for a three bedroom house and it will probably be located in the lounge room. I understand that neither would have the capability of heating up the whole house.
Also durability wise, which would need the least maintenance and last the longest?

Regards
John

Generally speaking they'd probably cost a similar amount.

From memory they both can be around $2k including installation, but a split system IMO is much more attractive to a tenant.

I think a wall furnace is likely to cost less in maintenance, but if you neglect maintenance on either items it will get very expensive.

I suggest going the split system, as many tenants I know seem to much prefer this. Especially since you get two in one for the same price.

R/C split system A/C for me also, for same reasons Lil's given. If I purchase an IP that doesn't already have an AC I always install one. It one of the easiest cost effective ways of value adding.

Thanks all!

Great Advice,
Yes it makes sense that if they both cost about the same then the split system would be the way to got as you get two for the price of one.

Thanks for input!

Back