Warning labels

ha ha

At least... I hope you are joking?

Halal milk can come from a buffalo, camel, cow or goat. If it is fortified with vitamins, that vitamin mixture must be halal also. Haram animals, from which Muslims may not eat or obtain milk, include pigs and monkeys along with other animals.

I know when they are being slaughtered the halal method they are prayed over. I don't know whether live animals have to be prayed over.

I was sent an email asking if my garlic was Halal certified ....

... um ... no ... it's organically grown garlic ... how the hell does something like garlic need to be certified?

... um ... no ... it's organically grown garlic ... how the hell does something like garlic need to be certified?

My husband has his reply to you deleted, because of language, which he, I guess, didn't use enough 'symbols' to disguise the word.
Now he is banned.

but what he was trying to say lizzie, he thinks it is a marketing ploy, because the Heart Symbol is sold for $40k.
The Halal symbol is more than likely able to be bought too.

We no longer buy Vegemite or Cadbury because of the Halal ..but that is our personal choice.

Hi Lizzie, a five second Google search would have largely cleared up your incredulity.

Halal is often used in reference to foods and drinks, i.e. foods that are permissible for Muslims to eat or drink under Islamic Shariʻah (law).

Garlic is permissable under Sharia Law, so it's okie dokes. Asking if your garlic is certified suggests to me a poor understanding of what Halal actually means. It is my understanding that if they were asking about meat (or anything else that comes from an animal, no probs) but virtually anything edible that doesn't come from an animal is halal.

gold.

because Cadbury and Kraft want to capture a niche market segment (2.2%), you choose not to buy it.

providing choice is a bad thing, clearly.

I was thinking about this yesterday.
My logic is that by Kraft and Cadbury halal certifying their products they will tap into a growing market as the world becomes a smaller place, with the trade-off being that they will loose some existing customers not wanting to pay for halal certified foods.
Net result is still more beneficial to do so, as more upside ( from new markets)than downside ( by loosing existing customers).
I can appreciate it is 10 times harder to gain a new client than to keep an existing however I'm sure they have done sensitivity analysis on this as this would not be a foolhardy decision on their behalf.

My husband has his reply to you deleted, because of language, which he, I guess, didn't use enough 'symbols' to disguise the word.
Now he is banned.

He is not banned.

Not sure what gives you the impression that he is?

You may be technically correct.
After making his post, he cannot Log In.

Coincidence?

Yes. Coincidence.

There is nothing wrong with his account from our end and he already PM'd me after the post was made, so he has been able to log in since that post was made.

If he can't log in now, it is a completely separate issue and he should send an email to [email protected] for help.

Hi Lizzie, a five second Google search would have largely cleared up your incredulity.

Halal is often used in reference to foods and drinks, i.e. foods that are permissible for Muslims to eat or drink under Islamic Shariʻah (law).

Garlic is permissable under Sharia Law, so it's okie dokes. Asking if your garlic is certified suggests to me a poor understanding of what Halal actually means. It is my understanding that if they were asking about meat (or anything else that comes from an animal, no probs) but virtually anything edible that doesn't come from an animal is halal.

My understsndinfnis that it's not just the food itself which must be halal, it must also not come into contact with anything which is not halal. It was something which came up in my sandwich business- with strict vegetarians as well. A customer may ha e a sandwich which has nothing non halal, but the employee may still be wearing gloves which have touched bacon. There have been customers who have demanded a change of gloves before preparing their sandwich. More often from vegetarians than Muslims.

Very occasionally, I'll peep someone handling money then start to go to work on my sanga without having changed gloves or washed hands.

I immediately insist they change gloves and make me a new sandwich from scratch. Prepping food without changing gloves or washing hands after handling money is a big Neddy no-no.

Very occasionally, I'll peep someone handling money then start to go to work on my sanga without having changed gloves or washed hands.

I immediately insist they change gloves and make me a new sandwich from scratch. Prepping food without changing gloves or washing hands after handling money is a big Neddy no-no.
Agreed.

A pet peeve is people preparing food wearing non disposable gloves, and doing everything while wearing that one pair of gloves. It's as if their hands are importanr, but not my health. Hands washed frpepwuently without gloves would be better.

It frustrates me when i see people put on new gloves, take your money (with the gloves on), then proceed to make you food.....

FFS, why put gloves on in the first place if you're going to do that!

I had one employee who came back from the bathroom(with a newspaper) still wearing gloves. Another who wore the same gloves after taking the garbage out. Neither employee lasted a long time.

I was being a bit "tongue in cheek" because I really don't care ... there is such a high demand for our hot, spicy, fresh and delicious garlic already that I can't keep up with current demand.

Hmmmmm - I didn't read anything odd in AlmostBob's reply before ... wonder what he said?

Back