Thermochef

Looking surprising like another machine on the market, but at around 1/3 the price there is the Thermochef

Another 10 in 1 machine that can chop, mix, whip, grind, mince, juice, blend, beat, heat, knead, steam and weigh food.

We've recently picked one up and started to put it through it's paces with a view to producing some great home made and natural meals and condiments. I'm hoping it does what it promises and we can make some space in the cupboards where some other machines reside

For anyone else interested it maybe worth a look?

Thermo Chef Natura

The sleek, Spanish-designed, Thermo Chef Natura is part of the New Wave Kitchen Appliances range and allows you to enjoy fresh meals, minus the fuss.

Simply supply the produce and the Thermo Chef prepares and cooks the meal – it even washes itself once it’s done.

This cooking appliance has multiple functions, a 2.0l jar capacity and a detachable jug with stainless steel blades. This ultimate in kitchen devices has a multitude of functions from scale, turbo, blend and heat to knead, steam and time. It can chop, beat, whip, mince, grate and juice, the applications are endless! It has optional 1-10 speed levels and temperature levels from 37-100 degrees Celsius.

The Thermo Chef Natura also comes with some great extras including an instructional manual, DVD, great recipes, warranty card, steamer, butterfly, spatula and basket.

What can it make?

Maybe we should ask what can't it make?! You can make fresh, delicious, nutritious delights including Lemon Mousse, Pesto, Peanut Butter, Mayonnaise and Berry Sorbet in a super short time (some take just seconds!). We’ve also seen the Thermo Chef make Bechamel Sauce, Mashed Potato, Pumpkin Soup and more. You can also cook and saute, make doughs, steam and boil food. Or use the recipe book that comes with your Thermo Chef to make decadent desserts and full meals like Spaghetti Bolognese and Butter Chicken. The possibilities are endless and the Thermo Chef is so quick and easy to use!

Why do I need one?

The beauty of the Thermo Chef is so many cooking processes are in one machine. So instead of dirtying a saucepan, colander and masher to make mashed potatoes, you can do it all in the Thermo Chef jug. Plus the Thermo Chef does all the hard work for you, including the cooking and stirring. So you can set a meal to cook and come back in 20 to 30 minutes to your dinner ready and waiting, with many recipes not needing you to touch or check your machine in between!

What are the benefits?

As the Thermo Chef is preparing and cooking foods quickly, with fresh ingredients, you’ll notice how flavoursome the results can be. You’re in control of the ingredients, so cooking without preservatives or additives is easy, a real plus for families with allergies or food sensitivities. Plus the quick processes in the Thermo Chef, that often require less liquid than traditional cooking, help to keep more nutrients in your meals.

How long does it take?

Any kind of cake: 2 - 3 minutes
Any salad: 10 seconds
Any juice or drink: 10 - 60 seconds
Soups (creamy or crunchy): 10 - 20 minutes
Any sauce: 3 - 5 minutes
Marmalades and jams: 6 - 10 minutes

Attachments

• Thermochef.jpg
    Thermochef.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 848
at nearly $800 I think not...............I already have enough appliance taking up storage space in my cupboards after the fad period has past that I have no room for anymore. Sorry.

My sister is going to a display of something like this (German?) but it is nearly $2000 :eek:

So if the OPs was $800 it looks like the cheaper knock-offs will come along, just in time for Christmas, I'm guessing.

It would have to be real easy to get totally clean. One day your mincing raw chicken, the next your making jam... or are there seperate bowls?

My sister is going to a display of something like this (German?) but it is nearly $2000 :eek:

So if the OPs was $800 it looks like the cheaper knock-offs will come along, just in time for Christmas, I'm guessing.

It would have to be real easy to get totally clean. One day your mincing raw chicken, the next your making jam... or are there seperate bowls?

I believe there's a seperate bowl that can be purchased, in our case for about $50.00 with the voucher

At $2,000.00 I'd always balked, saying it would want to mow the lawns and clean the car to be considered. I can't see any cheaper knock off's coming anyime soon (though they would be welcomed) as this is the cheaper version :D

I've cleaned it a couple of times so far....very easy;)

It would seem to be in the price bracket of some KitchenAid Mixer's, though have never used these or know much about them?

Thanks for the links! I have been to a TM demo before, loved the idea. At almost $2000 the Thermomix is too pricy for me but I will consider a Thermochef at only $800. You've started me off researching all over again :D

Back