Warning labels

My youngest has a peanut allergy. When she was little it was easy to always scan the bold print saying "May contain ..." as I bought things or was given packets of things like on a plane.

So I can see the usefulness in a packet of peanuts having the bold warning above the ingredient list saying it contains nuts.

Ah - maybe I was immune to any "language" as hubby and I had just spent the weekend planting and mulching 22,000 garlic cloves ... swearing at each other like sailors

Back in my final years at high school I spent a summer picking and then cutting garlic at a farm owned by the father of one of my school friends. It was hard work (and very hot!) and nobody would come near us after we'd finished work for the day. Was fun though - didn't get sick at all that summer either.

Back in my final years at high school I spent a summer picking and then cutting garlic at a farm owned by the father of one of my school friends. It was hard work (and very hot!) and nobody would come near us after we'd finished work for the day. Was fun though - didn't get sick at all that summer either.

We use machinery nowadays for most of the hard work :D ...

Very occasionally, I'll peep someone handling money then start to go to work on my sanga without having changed gloves or washed hands.

I immediately insist they change gloves and make me a new sandwich from scratch. Prepping food without changing gloves or washing hands after handling money is a big Neddy no-no.
I worked in a roadhouse for a year; flipping burgers, pouring fuel, cleaning, stacking fridges, emptying rubbish, and so on....back in the early 80's - nowhere near the same degree of angst about life back then, and especially in that town.

What you don't know about food places is better not to know.

Back