Warning

Those of you that have read my other threads know my background; husband and I early 60s, about to make the most of our life, hoping for another 20 years. Husband Al has worked his guts out all our life to get us where we are

On Saturday he died in tragic circumstances

We had a tenant move out after 5 and a half years and we had both been cleaning up the house, Alan was retiling the bathroom. He came home and we had lunch, our son arrived, he hadn't been down for months but just decided to come down (premonition?) Al complained about a sore back from leaning over the bath to tile. So called out he thought he would take one of those tablets. I won't name them here but they are for muscle ache and start with a v. Bought over the counter, 25 mg. He had only taken them once before, because he didn't take tablets, he was asthmatic and was very careful what he took.

He took the tablet and within 15 minutrs he was dead.

We called the ambulance immediately we could see he was in trouble, the ambulance called the Mica, and although they worked on him for an hour there was nothing they could do. The said he needed the adrenalin injection within 5 minutes of taking the tablet.

So my warning is twofold:
1) One beware of what you put in your mouth
2) Make the most of the time you have

Chris

chrispy said:
On Saturday he died in tragic circumstances

My condolences to you and your family what a horrible thing to happen :(

Thanks for taking the time to post that advice.

Kind Regards,

Duncan.

Having both my parents in their late 60's this really hits home, reiterating Duncan's words: my condolences to you and your family.
one of my best friends mothers died on friday night and its just the most horrible thing to happen.
it may seem stupid but heres a copy of the Poem i wrote for my ex-girlfriend when her grandfather died just recently.....i hope it helps even if only a little bit.

Walk through the darkness and find the light
though your heart feels heavy, let it be bright
now his time has come, dont say goodbye
he's now watching over you from the sky
you've made him so proud, filled his heart with love
his soul's now free to shine on you from above
so when you see a sunbeam, just look to the heavens
thats him saying "im here and i love you.....always and forever".

Andrew.

Chris,

Our deepest condolences go to you and Darren at your tragic loss.

Sometimes things just don't make sense. :(

Al was lovely man and his memory will live on in the both of you.

Ruby

What a terrible thing it is to lose someone close. My deapest condolences to you and your family.

After reading your post I have been pondering the thought that we must live our life for today as well as for tomorrow. If we are trapping living today simply for a better tomorrow, one day there will be no tomorrow's! What would we do today if there is no tomorrow? I must redouble my efforts to stop worrying about bad things that may or may not happen tomorrow and start living a little today and do it everyday.

Dear Chris

Words absolutely fail to convey my thoughts.

Please know that my thoughts are with you at this most tragic time.

Regards
Marty

Dear Chris,

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family. Somehow words cannot convey everything you would like to say to a person in time of need.

The best advise someone gave to my father when our beloved mother died was to not make any important decisions for a year. Allow yourself to grieve.
After a year, you are in a better frame of mind to think clearly about your future.

KInd Regards Mrs Bird

Dear Chris

My thoughts are with you and Darren. What a terrible loss for you both.

Al will always be with you. Treasure your memories of him.

ani

Oh Chris...

How simply awful.

I know you guys had plans and were on your way..

I hope you and Darren take some solace in each other at this awful time, and know we are thinking of you both.

asy and andrew.

Dear Chris,

I can say nothing that has not been already said but mine are sincere wishes nonetheless.

I can only think how I'd miss my mate of 40yrs if she were taken from me. I'll give her a hug tonight and she won't know why :) :)

And I'll head your warning and not delay gratification too long.

All the best for the future, and there will be one,

Bill

Chris

As one of the close knit family we have become in the Somersoft forum, it is terrible to hear news like that. My sympathy goes out to you.

Thank you for the bravery in telling us about it so soon after the event. You must be very strong to be able to do that.

Chris, what a tragic thing to happen. My thoughts go out to you & your family. I know it will be hard, but remember to take time out for yourself.

Back