Werris Creek

Looking for some input into Werris creek . With all the current interest in the area from Chinese Coal companys at the moment

All I know is that it is currently one of the cheapest markets to get into in Australia, so if there is upside, it has great potential.

Some big news around here recently is that there is a big miners village being built just west of Werris Creek. By a group called MAC or something. I just googled up some info,....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/06/03/3235151.htm?site=newengland

The MAC Services Group plans to lodge a development application for a purpose-built miners' village with up to 1,500 rooms at Werris Creek, in north-west New South Wales.

Apparently 100 hectares has already been purchased for the village. Another MAC story,.....

http://www.themac.com.au/media-cent...bmits-development-application-at-werris-creek

So keep this news in mind. A 1500 person miners village would keep a lid on rents?

See ya's.

Yeah that application is already in Council and they have already approved around 300 odd (can't remember what I was told exactly) of the 1500...at least that's according to my source....and they would know..;)

I'm still trying to find out if they are building their own stores etc.

The land purchased was the sporting fields opposite the Golf Club and it's rumoured they are doing a deal with the club over operating hours.

The sports fields will be relocated back in town at Taylor park.

Yes I would think Werris rents would not change much under this scenario.

But for Quirindi... yes....when Caroona Coal comes on line.

I wonder if Tamworth as a regional "sponge city" would benefit with a lot of miners simply moving in or around town... hmm..

Absolutely agree, especially with the amount of industry located there for mining equipment service etc. The smaller tows just don't have that. 1 hour drive from Tamworth to the mines at Caroona & Breeza is not too bad and tamworth being a small city has alot to offer.

Thanks for that info .... The fence
Yes Quirindi and possibly even Bogabri are worth looking at also any thoughts on these little towns ??

I'm biased about Quirindi, I live there...here...there?...?

Boggabri I don't know much about... only it's got some coal projects there.

Seems this side of the Hunter Valley/Ranges is the future for coal albeit with some opposition from farmers here and there.

probably best you come for a look, I'd be glad to show you around and give my thoughts on Quirindi.

Hi Robbo1
Just a heads up for Tamworth,Margaret Lomas has just finished filming her Hot spotting property show in town due to be released in the sept issue.
Cheers Damian:)

motivated,

go to destiny.com.au

you can buy each individual episode of property success on the website (or the entire season for a lot cheaper)

The Fence, are there more photos available on 192 Hawker Street? Block size? Council rates?

Yep, coming up this week will be taking photos.

Rates are $1923.61

Block 651.3m

If you Google the address the map is correct but the street view is the house behind in Nowland Ave....that's google for ya...:confused:

Anything else let me know via PM.

Back