Westpac Premier Advantage Home Loan

Nice work rixter :) how much have you borrowed with WBC? (just trying to work out how much you have to borrow before they see you as a valued customer)...

Anyway, I got approved for additional new borrowings up to $1.7M at 90% LVR... I'm looking at high-end Northern Beaches properties, and there are heaps of keen vendors around the $1M+ mark... 20% off is quite achievable. No rush, but will definitely buy sometime this year.
Evil Specufestor! ;)

Cheers,
Michael

Hi people ,

I am about to sign of on my loan docs soon. My partner and I have moved all of loans to westpac. My concern is with my combo loan its a 190k fixed for 3 years at 4.99 and the other half standard v. The S.V attracts the .7 discount which is to be expected . The problem is the fixed portion when the 3 years runs out they will give me a 1.2% discount off the S.V. And the other half will stay at .7%

As I read through the other Loan docs they are all the same.... any that are fixed attract the 1.2% after 3 years and those that are S.V are just .7% .

My question is why will they give me the 1.2% in 3 years on the portion or loans that are fixed but not on the loans that are standard V.

I think they should just give me the 1.2% on anything thats Standard V from now and then when the fixed stuff comes out hook that up too.

The next thing is...if the 1.2% was applied at the start of the loan it would make the interest rate currently 4.71 so they tell me in the form......which would probably sway me away from locking in. Anyway maybe someone has the same problem .....I just want to get the best deal possible b4 I sign . If anyone wants to read the doc I can scan it just takes me time

hmm makes me think if i should call westpac's loan retention unit
i've got about 600k loans with them, but have been their customer for about 5-7 years. wonder if they will give me 0.85 instead of current 0.7 :confused:

I've just about to buy another IP with borrowings of over $350k from Westpac, have requested my MB to check if we can get a discount higher than .7% and have received the following response from Westpac Relationship Manager "sorry but we no longer price any deals" ... is this something new ?

Maybe once the loan is settled the trick might be to call the loan retention unit. Danwatto, any luck there ?

Cheers,
Amelia

Is this something we should chase up ourselves, or should we go through our broker? I don't want him to lose anything by an action we have taken without his knowledge.

the 'we dont price for new business' line comes out of my westpac RM constantly. They simply dont bother with it.
But as has been mentioned retention vs acquisition are two different things.

Westpac especially needs to know which side its bread is buttered on...............nice profits, they can give some back !

Im very much a win win win person when it comes to lending, its just of late most of the majors seem to be pushing the boundaries a little

ta
rolf

Didn't work for me with St George with $1.2mil and potentially $1.6mil in loans. They told me in no uncertain terms they would not go above 0.7% discount even on only a $350k portion (my PPOR loan).

I phoned Westpac's loan retention units earlier this week asking for an increase in my premier advantage package discount from our existing 70 basis points up to 85 basis points.

So how did you word it? Can you post a script of your conversation?
I guess it wasn't just blunt "Hi, can i have my discount increased to 0.85"?

Say that you have spoken to a broker and you have decided to refinance (say to CBA or NAB as they have the lowest standard variable rate at the moment) and you wanted to call your existing bank and ask if they would consider approving a better discount before you sign the refinance forms for the broker.

You need to show that your business is seriously at risk of being lost.

So how did you word it? Can you post a script of your conversation?
I guess it wasn't just blunt "Hi, can i have my discount increased to 0.85"?

Sorry Strannik, I dont record my conversations...

But yes I asked them to increase it up to 85bps because I knew of other WBC clients with similar borrowings who were getting between 80bps & 90bps where a precedence had been set, so I split the difference. :)

The person I spoke to on the phone at TMC said they were not authorised to approve discounts above a set amount so they would have to pass it through to the next line of authority and would call me back - which they did with an affirmative decision. :D

Hope this helps.

I've just about to buy another IP with borrowings of over $350k from Westpac, have requested my MB to check if we can get a discount higher than .7% and have received the following response from Westpac Relationship Manager "sorry but we no longer price any deals" ... is this something new ?

Maybe once the loan is settled the trick might be to call the loan retention unit. Danwatto, any luck there ?

Cheers,
Amelia

Hi Amelia,

They probably won't do anything for $350k. We haven't settled yet but we could only get 0.7 and our loan is $700k.

After settlement we may ask for more, but we may end up going with fixed rates and they said they don't discount fixed rates...

At the moment RAMs is looking like a better fixed 10y rate but have to weigh that up against early exit fees :(

Anyone heard of fixed rates being given special discounts?

Cheers

Dan

Back