Westpac Premier Advantage Home Loan

Went and visited CBA couple of days ago, spoke with a business banker and resi banker together, they offed .8 off straight away, we are already getting the .7 with them but if we can bring over some other debt from Westpac they are offering .8. Asked westpac and the answer was NO! having issues with Westpac currently.

Cheers
Graeme

... but if we can bring over some other debt from Westpac they are offering .8. Asked westpac and the answer was NO! having issues with Westpac currently...

Sorry if I'm telling you how to suck eggs but there are other risks associated with bringing more debt to one lender. We have one loan with STG at 0.7% discount & were offered 0.9% if we refi some other properties with them. It's a good discount but we told them "No thanks." Not enough for us to warrant that increase in exposure with one lender.

Hiya Ms J

U beat me to the punch.

I see a lot of clients get the "bring it all over to us" treatment.

As always its case by case, but in general, if you have any sort of larger portfolio, mono lender exposure is not wise for many reasons.

Selling one's "IP soul" for 10 or 20 pts doesnt cut it Im afraid. Choose the right product and lender mix for the right reasons.

Price is only one of 3 or 4 major issues to be considered when structuring finance. Price is also the LEAST influential on how and what you can do in the future.

ta
rolf

I'm getting confused with Westpac's discounts...

So it's 0.7-0.9% for the Premier Advantage Package
0.2% for a fixed rate if already on the Pro package?
and 0.65% if you're a new customer and you take the 3yr fixed? 5.64-.65 = 4.99%.

Is that right?

hmm makes me think if i should call westpac's loan retention unit
i've got about 600k loans with them, but have been their customer for about 5-7 years. wonder if they will give me 0.85 instead of current 0.7 :confused:

Will have to try as well

Want to touch base with WBC this week

Done, touched base with Westpac and increased the pro-pack discount to .8%

They tried the "bring it all over to us" treatment as well, however, WBC don't do lends in the structures we have our other loans as, so the debate was pointless

Happy with the decrease across the loans, as rents have been going up as well, with the latest recently going from $240 to $310 p/wk

Back