What about Harbour One Melbourne?

Thanks for that dot.

I’m not a fan of high rise apartments in Australia. Mostly due to BC and the lack of scarcity, also I think Australians still lean heavily towards houses, rather than apartment living.

Is it possible to find anything neutrally geared in Docklands?

Thanks for that dot.

I’m not a fan of high rise apartments in Australia. Mostly due to BC and the lack of scarcity, also I think Australians still lean heavily towards houses, rather than apartment living.

Is it possible to find anything neutrally geared in Docklands?

in a nutshell no way

you'll need 9-12% return so nothing is returning that much in residential property in docklands, i am happy to be proven wrong though..

I have a question, the above quoted one or this one?

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/Apartment/VIC/Docklands/?adid=2008796747&eb=192146

and why, ill reveal the asking price shortly, but I wanted opinions before I reveal it just to get a neutral response (obviously you can call the agent and ask him the price so its no big secret!)

the above property asking price is $2.8 million, so for 2.5 vs 2.8, I would take the 2.8 by a long mile, hell if the siddley st was worth 2.5 million, based on pure comparison values, i would value it at least 3.5 million plus, as I think it its far far far superior in everyway

the above property asking price is $2.8 million, so for 2.5 vs 2.8, I would take the 2.8 by a long mile, hell if the siddley st was worth 2.5 million, based on pure comparison values, i would value it at least 3.5 million plus, as I think it its far far far superior in everyway

Agreed. That second property is baller. I had it valued at 3.2 – 3.5

Is it going to auction? You never what will happen come auction day.

$2.5 mill and no floor plan in the advertisement? Fail. :D

And the same with the Harbour Esplanade one. What gives? (that's a much nicer place though)

Amazing isn't it.

Comparably priced properties in Sth Yarra, Toorak, etc have their own websites, with history of the property, video tours, images and floorplans.

Agreed. That second property is baller. I had it valued at 3.2 – 3.5

Is it going to auction? You never what will happen come auction day.

call me an idiot but am I missing anything on the lorimer st or siddley st side for this one that makes it about 1 million overpriced, eg is your roommate the packer family or something?

call me an idiot but am I missing anything on the lorimer st or siddley st side for this one that makes it about 1 million overpriced, eg is your roommate the packer family or something?

Hey - you never know - my parent's friends had this really ugly house on 2 hectare land in narre warren (can't remember north or south). Bang sold last week 2 million.

This is one awesome apartment i'd like to have but can't afford...lol
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-vic-docklands-107007464

this is completely my opinion, but i don't think that apartment is very nice at all, yes its nice, but for 2.5 million!, I would have thought on paper it would be worth 1.3-$1.6million at the most,

I have a question, the above quoted one or this one?

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/Apartment/VIC/Docklands/?adid=2008796747&eb=192146

If you were going to spend northwards of $2m on an apartment in melbourne city/CBD, the real value proposition imo are ones like these. And yes only for PPOR

Last edited:
If you were going to spend northwards of $2m on an apartment in melbourne city/CBD, the real value proposition imo are ones like these. And yes only for PPOR

No disrespect Buzz - this apartment has a kind of cave like atmosphere especially with the interior design and a dark feel to it.

Eeewww.... yeah, won't match my tastes from the word go.... would seriously need to do somthing about that ceiling and walls!

The Y-man

No one really cares about Docklands, seriously. I work in this craphole and everyone leaves ASAP as soon as work is finished.

Example: New development to 'urbanise' the place - they make the harbour esplanade only ONE lane when they had the opportunity to make it 2+...the result? Traffic jams both ways even in non-peak times. Epic FAIL

No one really cares about Docklands, seriously. I work in this craphole and everyone leaves ASAP as soon as work is finished.

Example: New development to 'urbanise' the place - they make the harbour esplanade only ONE lane when they had the opportunity to make it 2+...the result? Traffic jams both ways even in non-peak times. Epic FAIL

There's nowhere else I'd rather live. But each to their own.

As for Harbour Esplanade, they're trying to make it clear that the NS route through Docklands is via Wurundjeri Way. However (as someone who came from the UK in 2008) they'd have done everyone a big favour by making the WW/Bourke and WW/Dudley intersections as roundabouts with lights only there for peds, otherwise free-flowing no/low-wait traffic. It's ludicrous the amount of time you can spend at red lights for no reason at all.

71059526.jpg

would some one be kind enough to point out where abouts the NYE fireworks are on this map, and would every property with a view of the harbour be able to see it?

eg the one in the map?

or would it be too far to the right of the balcony to see it?

would some one be kind enough to point out where abouts the NYE fireworks are on this map, and would every property with a view of the harbour be able to see it?

eg the one in the map?

or would it be too far to the right of the balcony to see it?

They're set off from a floating platform just off the end of Central Pier. You'd be able to see them off any balcony higher than the sheds, but you'd get a better view still walking down the promenade to be level with the pier end.

But your map (here anyway) shows the dock basin filled in! Is this some secret plan to reclaim more land for development? :)

Back