What background research to conduct for a builder in QLD

This will be my first time building a house. Not sure what specific research I need to do to make sure I have picked a good reputable builder for a QLD build.

I have started looking. Only seen 1 builder so far. Visited his current build and I liked the level of detail and attention put into the build. He has a current QBSA (now QBCC) license. He has had his license since 2008 with no negatives such as disciplinary action to his name. I'm just concerned about one thing. His AATO is up to $300,000. What does AATO mean?

Anything else I should look into when picking a builder?

google name of the person and the company.

Also do a bankruptcy search and see if he has a history of bankruptcy. Maybe even an ASIC search to see who is director of the company and do the same with all.

This will be my first time building a house. Not sure what specific research I need to do to make sure I have picked a good reputable builder for a QLD build.

I have started looking. Only seen 1 builder so far. Visited his current build and I liked the level of detail and attention put into the build. He

Anything else I should look into when picking a builder?

Depending on the volume this builder works under maybe just ask if you can see the last 5 houses they built..

Thanks for the replies. I'll make sure to do a search on the company itself.

Also, what kinds of insurance should the builder hold and what do these insurances cover? How do i find his insurance details?

Willair, his last 3 builds have been right next to each other. Lol. He is building 2 splitter blocks (4 houses) just down the road from me. I approached him because he was doing a local build of similar styles that i would like to build also.

Back