What do property investors do for a living?

I was a contract bookkeeper until May this year, now I am full time buying, reno, selling apartments and mum of a 5 & 13 yr old (I have time now to do the school stuff - canteen etc). just banked the proceeds from my 1st, 2nd one starts in 2 weeks & the 3rd one is on hold to next year. May squeeze another in B4 no.3. Hubby has his own airconditioning firm. and a debt tolerance of 5%..slowly, slowly with him.

Celeste

I have an electrical background and have been in the Facilities Management industry for over five years now. For those who don't know what FM is... it is looking after the maintenance, breakdowns and compliance of buildings. I have a national role with much of my responsibility being the review of buildings, lifecycle planning and major upgrade project management.

My lovely other half Skater, used to be in banking and we have worked together in our own businesses. At present she managers our finances, does a little charity work a couple of mornings each week, and works part-time.

Regards

Andrew

Look a few others, I am an IT consultant working on a HR Payroll system called. SAP. Like those in IT, I am also looking at getting into full time investing/share trading (or something else) sometime in the next couple of years. But I have been saying that for a while now, it's difficult to do when the job isn't all that bad and the pay is very very good :)

I have my own small business. I employ myself, which gives me a bit of flexibility incomewise.
I am planning to turn the business into a small passive cashflow, by selling the actual business and then leasing the freehold premises to the new owner.

Then I will turn to more investing. Buy ,cosmetic reno, develop larger infill blocks, build, sell some and keep some. :)

My supportive wife works part time as a theatre nurse.:)

I type a bit and stare at a screen all day, it pays the bills. My wife actually does something worthwhile for society and catches babies for a living.

IT Helpdesk Phone Jockey :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

p.s. Great job - get paid for yacking with people on the phone while surfing the net.....

Last edited:
I'm a Software Developer (and hating every minute of it). Good thing is, it gives me time to research and look at properties while at work, and also read through Somersoft when I'm bored :D

Cheers,
Ozi

Systems Administrator (IT) for medium sized company.. Look after all the servers and infrastructure across Australia and NZ

It's ok, pays the bills for now :)

I'm 21 years old and a car salesman :eek: .... and part time barman. I take care of our internet enquiries which gives me a chance to sneak on here every so often. My girlfriend is a fourth year hairdressing apprentice. We bought our first property 18 months ago and settled on a block of land last week.:D

Drilling engineer for an oil company.

Used to rotate to work, living in Yemen, with the bin Laden extended clan on one side and the CIA on the other side as neighbours.

Back in Perth permanently now as a cushy office jock.....much betterererer.

Hello all,

I am a software developer by profession and also own a health supplements business with my wife. My wife is an accredited dance teacher and after 1 more year of university will also be a Physical Education teacher.

We recently just purchased our first property, initially to be PPOR and then to become an IP. Looking forward to many more years of Property Investing. :)

Regards,

Lizzie,
The Product Development Dept. get requests from Commercial businesses asking for specific color carpets or range of colors.
They give me these color orders and I take flat untwisted yarn ,with about 500 different colors to pick from, and twist differnet combinations of colors on a machine called a volkmann.
This yarn is then sent to the next dept. and tufted into a carpet.

If the sample carpets are to the liking of the customer, we get a large order and my co workers do what I have done but only on a larger scale.
I may make about 12 lbs , but they will make about 70,000 lbs.

Back