• 30-50%

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Less than 20%

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There seems to be the opinion that Australians are highly leveraged, I am interested to hear what from our small sample of investors how they are leveraged. Can everyone please post there ratio of Debt to Values of all properties including own homes if applicable.

2 IP and PPOR = 43% LVR and cash flow -ve. Sure cuts back our Medicare levy! Debt/Income 3.5:1 but being self employed does mean we can adjust salaries if needed. Arggh, forgot to include rental income. Gross Yield pretty yucky though, we WERE hoping on Capital Gains - bought before the subprime came into being.

Last edited:
1 IP loan of $179k bought for $185k only 4 months ago but bought under-value so would be around $200-210k value but based on purchase I am at 96% LVR with debt:income ratio of 2.1:1 and only slightly CF- as gross yield is 7.3%

1 IP and 1 PPOR with a LVR of 33%. Hope to buy another 1 or 2 anytime from now, but just don't feel we need to rush as we are saving more than what we believe the houses we would buy would go up in value in the immediate future. The plan is that the savings would be our buffer.

Last edited:
1 PPOR & 1 IP - sitting at around 80% - if we stop capitalising interest this will get lower quicker though.

Cheers
Stella

Just shy of 50 % on IP portfolio that can actually be leveraged and, would be considerably less if PPOR (unencumbered) was included and also our SMSF properties.

Intend ramping this up as interest rates fall by developing our stock (increasing doors and rents) and by some future purchases as opportunities unfold. In no hurry at present.

Currently at 71% LVR... I'm comfortable sticking to 80 though so whenever I'm given the chance I'll borrow against that remaining 9%.

Was 85-90% but unfortunately some new low-docs put a spanner in the works.

Just a quick question to all who posted....ther valuations you are using....recent, last time valued or your own estimates...? interesting to know the calculation specifics.....;)

I would put us at 73%LVR (incl PPOR) based on what my estimate of valuations today.....and being conservative at that considering the current situation in markets....

However...I am a bit undecided about how these LVR's are calculated...when it comes to the bank doing the valuation, I wonder what the actual situation might be when push comes to shove..... me included...and I have been very conservartive relative to my local markets...

The results of this poll are markedly different to one done a year or so back. As I remember 75% of respondents were 80% or more way back then.

Why? I reckon there is a bigger story in the change than the raw data.

Back