• 1.5 million -2 million

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • >2million

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • >5 million

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You would be surprised what good Home Lenders can make....for example the lady I deal with makes around 130k with bonuses. Which is reasonable money.

Fair enought she is located in a wealthy suburb in the Northern Beaches.

Well that's what you get when you pay them peanuts after 15 year in the job. He's probably angry every time you go borrow money and make an investment

Speaking to friends who are economists and accountants, regarding investments they are far more interested in how it looks on the books than what is actually happening. Few of them have investments (a couple of them have 1 investment property) and they lay awake a night worrying that growth won't be linear, or that it will be untenanted for a week, or...

The concepts of cashflow and scale are both lost on these people.

so then majority wins:D
the financial intermediary wins (ie the guy who hooked up the different parties), the person selling wins, the stock broker wins. The end users who just trade it wins (provided they use stop losses). Its just the end user schmuck who believe in the underlying story of the garbage being sold to them who loose.

I love the end user schmuck

You would be surprised what good Home Lenders can make....for example the lady I deal with makes around 130k with bonuses. Which is reasonable money.

Fair enought she is located in a wealthy suburb in the Northern Beaches.

Unfortunately $130k is not much these days and doesn't go very far any more, and I'm sure she's not happy when you go in there borrowing $1m to buy this and that and then go back in 18 months and want your place revalued. If it takes 15 years to get there, I doubt they'd be that happy.

so then majority wins:D
the financial intermediary wins (ie the guy who hooked up the different parties), the person selling wins, the stock broker wins. The end users who just trade it wins (provided they use stop losses). Its just the end user schmuck who believe in the underlying story of the garbage being sold to them who loose.

where else but myer?

wow....i thought $130k after 15 yrs is a pretty good wage. Guess i'm in the wrong industry if graduates are making that type of money. what industries are we talking about ?

Yea I was going to say, I know there are and know personally quite a lot of uni grads making that much or more.

Uni grads making 130K? U for real? which companies?

i really curious - coz the organization i work with deals with the big 5 consulting, banks, governments, hospitals across australia etc. I haven't heard any of this.

Macquarie bank - then maybe there is an exception.

i really curious - coz the organization i work with deals with the big 5 consulting, banks, governments, hospitals across australia etc. I haven't heard any of this.

Any bulge bracket Investment Bank - i.e. Citigroup, UBS, Credit Suisse, Goldman etc. Macquarie pays crap relatively speaking.

Pure Corporate like Big 4 banks/accounting/consulting don't get paid 6 figures - because they simply don't generate enough fees to pay their graduates that much.

When I applied for IBs salary for grads was 70k+ that was 5 years ago. Has inflation really kicked **** so much over 5 years?

Any bulge bracket Investment Bank - i.e. Citigroup, UBS, Credit Suisse, Goldman etc. Macquarie pays crap relatively speaking.

Pure Corporate like Big 4 banks/accounting/consulting don't get paid 6 figures - because they simply don't generate enough fees to pay their graduates that much.

That is what i thought - so it really surprises that someone knows fresh grads on 130K.

Nah I know a few of them as well. Their base pay would be around 110-120k but bonus can be a lot (up to 100% of base in a good year)

You work your butt off though - got a friend working till 5am regularly

Well I'm not going to go out and educate people if they haven't done their research... that's why market information assymetry benefits those who've done their groundwork. But anyway, what do I have to gain in arguing/proving my point?

Macquarie Bank - nope wrong answer (as Wunderman alluded to).

When I applied for IBs salary for grads was 70k+ that was 5 years ago. Has inflation really kicked **** so much over 5 years?

Without naming other industries and just talking investment banking since this is one that has been revealed (ie there are others), $70k would be daylight robbery (ie firm robbing the employee)

Back