What is your work/career/job ?

I'm in IT - technical sales support and enablement for the A/NZ software channels sales organisation of the largest IT company in the world.

(in simpler words, it's my job to teach business partners about new products)

Computer programming and electronic engineering (mostly the former these days, but for embedded systems rather than PCs).

Currently work in the security and data communications industries.

GP

My main work is three years old and nicknamed the little prince.

On the two days that he goes to preschool I am a business writer & editor.

In addition to this I do quite a bit of charity work and mentoring.

And then in the time that is left I am a domestic goddess. I make sure there are chocolate biscuits in the fridge and fresh boxers in the drawers; I garden and mow the lawns; I arrange property finance and view new properties to purchase; I organise repairs and renovations of the IP; I act as social secretary, housekeeper, business manager, and general unpaid jack of all trades. In return my husband buys me flowers once a week and thinks that I am incredible. Ahh, that's job satisfaction!

perfect said:
What is your work/career/job ?

I work in the Construction Industry in several roles.

I'm a Software Developer, I lead a team of Software Developers writing Windows software to support Home Automation Hardware.

I have a small business which only needs a couple of days a week attention. Gives me time to play the stockmarket. Thinking of selling the biz to scale up the punting. :)

perfect said:
Likewow,

What businesses do you own?

I own a business associated with the tourism industry.

Serial meaning one at a time but cant stop doing it :) And like Thommo i enjoy sitting on here day trading/investing in shares tho some might call it gambling...haha (Chasing the fortunes of CPU today.......again)

Professional student, chiropractic assistant, salesperson, mystery shopper, and pick packer. Jack of all trades, master of none... yet! :D

work full time doing admin and dtp at Macquarie Uni

study p/t @ uni (aiming to get into a degree)

staying healthy, fit and motivated as a sideline...

Supervisor of a Call Centre and the Reception/Switchboard area of a company that produces steel for the construction industry. (That could be our steel your fixing OK180!) We are also the most well known fencing company in Australia.

So, lots of products, lots of meetings, lots of sales, trouble shooting, customer service, staff training. Involved in OH&S, marketing, pricing and admin support to the Sales Manager. Dealing on a daily basis with anyone from Mr & Mrs suburbia right through to major construction companies and government agencies with projects worth millions of dollars.

Busy, busy busy and I love it.

Olly

Back