What is your work/career/job ?

I work as a Mortgage Broker,
run workshops for my clients,
manage my business (team of four),
manage my investment portfolio (shares and property),
am studying investing with Freeman Fox's Platinum program,
and am studying to be a Yoga teacher :p .

Phew - thank goodness for my Yoga! I think I might be a bit stressed otherwise :) !

I look after the network at a highschool with just over 1000 kids. Its a great environment to work in, I much prefer it to where I was in the IT industry before where the pressure to make money was just awful. The downside is that my job classification does not recognise IT skills, so pay is *&(#
Will graduate with a degree in Education next year, so hopefully move to a better pay scale. Also do several hours a week voluntary work. Occasionally even been known to eat and sleep.

I'm a GP, currently in the UK, as (having graduated overseas) regulations would not allow us to live near our Aussie family & we wanted family around for our kids (3rd arriving tomorrow, all being well :eek: ).

Hi Harpic,

What regulations would they be? The medical centre that I go to has 100% foreign doctors mostly from India it seems (?!?). I would have thought that with a medical degree you would be in high demand here.

Nat :confused:

Not sure I want to bore people with my personal life, but foreign grads like me have to do 10 yrs in a "area of need" (section 19AB of the Health Insurance Act to be precise). Fine if you have no family ties or desires for them, but not what we wanted once we had kids as we didn't view the UK as an undesirable option (don't mention the weather to my Qlder wife though). BTW I have 2 Indian Dr friends who are doing greats jobs in regional parts of Oz.

I am a former Cth Government Economist (Productivity Commission and Cth Treasury) who is currently employed by a leading industry association (a lobby group).

MB

My training is Industrial refrigeration mechanic.

I now supply parts to the industry. You want it we find it at the right price etc..? Involves importing,sales etc.. I work for a friend in his business after being retrenched from a large company :mad: where I was the National Spares Manager. My new arrangement is so much better :D , I actually enjoy it and the package was good.

Still wanting to be financially free to choose in the future! :)

MJK

Last edited:
Back