• Investment: Development block

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • PPOR

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of replies on the poll but not so many in the posts.

Change of tact this year.
To try soemthing different, I'm looking to reinvest equity into a business, as opposed to more resi property nor into the equities market.

So this has determined what sort of property I would buy, if all goes to plan.

I voted for a 'commercial investment' as this will house the business ( better to control the property if you are a business owner),
as well as 'development block' as this is related to what the business will be doing.

kp

We just had a crack at a school of all things.

Nice old building in the middle of the city on a decent chunk of land.

Agent called yesterday with the usual response starting with "unfortunately".

Some other party picked it up.....but definitely paid full price and then some for it. In 10 years time no doubt they'll consider it a bargain.

Oh well - back to the drawing board yet again.....

Attachments

• Missed Out.gif
    Missed Out.gif
    89.5 KB · Views: 171
I think we might do someething a bit different too - if prices move up, we might look at selling property :eek: ...... and pump more money into our business.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Trying

Hi Everyone,

Still plugging away at building a few units (has been a few years now to complete this project :eek: ).

If all goes ok will look at buying another block of land to develop. :)

This year we will be purchasing the final 2 IP's required to complete our asset base structure & acquistion stage of our IP portfolio. :)

hi all
1 door closes and another opens
I was not going to buy into this market this year and am buying into the china market
but I too was looking at a school here in syndey
private sale
and after some negotiating
I have a development site from the owner that we are looking at a 50/50 jv

land value 4 mil and they throw in the land
so thats ok by me I can use the 4 mil equity for 3 years while I get the da as its sat there anyway ( very nice).
will need to rearrange my plans a little bit and am doing that know.

G'Day

Probably some more 'penny dreadfuls' as the business will take lots of money during the course of the next eighteen months, and the concrete bunkers are readily rentable at quite good returns regardless of the tax position.

So the investment focus will primarily that of the business, with incidental capital investments along the way.

Cheers

Kristine

At this stage it looks like shares for 07.
I predict another rate rise sometime this year.

Later this year I will get into property.

Hi All
Julie told me she wants a harbour front home anytime soon, so I guess that's what I'll be focusing on too.
Simon
"Obedient husband"

Everybody seems to be in shares, interest rates still relatively low, 1st time property investors bailing out, time to pick up some good value residential houses with existing tenants. Should set me up ready for the next boom in xx years then financial independence.

I'm looking at buying small blocks of units along the coast or capital cities that have potential to add value or yield well.

Looking at old houses in old suburbs that have good land for building. I'd like to build some houses this year. Also want to add another buy and hold IP but that will just happen along the way when we find something worth while.

cheers
quoll

Currently we're looking at purchasing another IP very soon to add to the portfolio, *tweaking* our mortgages and leveraging further into some funds/shares for 2007

We're also exploring the possibility of setting up a SMSF and combining my Super with the wife's as her Super is languishing whilst not working (she's looking after the 2yr old).

I won't be buying anything this year :( Instead I've just be renovating the PPOR and copping the cash flow hit that comes with it.

I'll probabaly stick with stocks this year ... convert into property later this year or early next year. Hope there is another IR rise :)

Back