• Investment: Development block

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • PPOR

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i voted 'other'... i'll probably look into listed investment companies(except for item 4) that:

1. long and short on ASX shares,
2. international exposure (esp. in Asia),
3. valued investment companies (slow but steady) and
4. highly speculative shares (just a small portion of capital... something to look forward to every morning besides my freshly brewed flat white :p )

;)

My plans are to move out of the property I just bought after six months, rent it out and rent closer to the city (within walking distance). I'm going to buy a house this year. Thoughts are gravitating towards buying something that will become my PPOR somewhere down the line. Happy to have tenants help me pay that off over the next whenever I decide to move in.

Also use spare cash (if any) to purchase shares/funds for income to help with mortgage, etc.

Mark

Will be developing my land on Kangaroo Island - putting up a holiday rental house. Just had planning approval and will start building around May-June all going well. The holiday rental market in KI is great at the moment. Hope it stays firm for a few more years. Also just bought a studio in Cairns mostly for our use, but also for rental for other fugitives from Port Moresby on their "sanity breaks".

Just about to start on a duplex in NSW plus a h/l package in Yanchep then will be settling on another NSW duplex block in November (long settlement) with everything approved and ready to go as the first one finishes.

Sparky

This year:

Need to renovate property I am staying in and refinance for another property in a rising suburb for steady CG.

Need to harmonise with my SMSF and draw a pension

Need to factor in annual holidays for 'she who must be obeyed' - happy wife, happy life :D

Need to factor in possibility of life as a part time consultant or part time trader

F

Just bought a small block of flats so will spend this year renovating it and hopefully revalue at the end of the year. Will depend on the result whether we'll go shopping again in 2008 or have to wait a bit longer

kaf

Back