What's the Scariest Thing You've Seen??? (That sent shivers up your spine!)

I was getting a tattoo one year and had worked really hard for 3 days picking pineapples to get the money together to do it. On the afternoon on the 3rd day I dropped into the tattoo shop to get my ink with a few vodka cans which I consumed pretty quickly. Anyway after the vodies and being buggered from work I actually fell asleep during the tattoo.

Im soundly sleeping when the next thing I know I realise I am being shaken violently by a large biker and forgetting for a moment where I was all I could see was a Bandidos T-shirt through a red beard and monentarily thought I was gonna die. Apparently he thought Id passed out, I told him he nearly gave me a heart attack. :eek:

That's the scariest sight I have seen that I will relate on a public forum ;)

The Port Arthur ghost tour. Didn't see any ghosts but it was very very scary! There were young women in my group actually sobbing in fear. I definately recommend it to anyone when they visit.

Right now the maze game on another thread. Didn't expect it and scared the beju out of me. Not a pretty sight or sound, only got to stage 3, aint going back by the way!!

Sunshine

That scene in Crash the movie when the little girl protects her father from the guman. Those that have seen it will know what I mean. I forgot to breathe.

Hi Goanna. That scene also stopped me breathing. I had tears running down my face and just in shock.

On a lighter note, today I flicked on to a Lifestyle show about a couple of punk looking types who bought a house in Spain. They were so over the top I pressed the record button to savour it later, but the small bit I saw the punk rock looking chap in a pinstripe suit and scarf was trying to disconnect the gas bottle with a lit fag in his mouth. I just held my breath. The cameraman finally suggested he get rid of the fag.

Wylie

Of all things, watching the movie "Billy the Kid vs Dracula", 8 years old in Kalgoorlie with my two elder sisters who were supposed to be looking after me whilst M&D went out for dinner.

Scared the living wits out of all 3 of us. Packin' death, we all piled in to M&D's bed directly after the movie (safety in numbers was suggested). Unfortunately, in the mad ensuing rush jockeying for position I didn't get the protected middle position, instead having to settle for an edge, and having to rely on pulling the covers up over my exposed neck.

Finally broke that habit of having to pull the covers over my neck when I was 23. Not bad I thought, only 15 years to calm down. :(

Hi Goanna. That scene also stopped me breathing. I had tears running down my face and just in shock.

On a lighter note, today I flicked on to a Lifestyle show about a couple of punk looking types who bought a house in Spain. They were so over the top I pressed the record button to savour it later, but the small bit I saw the punk rock looking chap in a pinstripe suit and scarf was trying to disconnect the gas bottle with a lit fag in his mouth. I just held my breath. The cameraman finally suggested he get rid of the fag.

Wylie

Was hiding behind Brampton Island a while back in my last boat waiting for a break in the weather to head south.

Had to get Gas from the resort and the guy filling the bottle was smoking.

I went and waited behind a palm tree, probably would'nt have saved me, but I felt a little better.

Dave

$300,000 bill when one leg of an options spread position was excersied unexpectedly (mid month).... T+1 settlement...... :eek:

Cheers,

The Y-man

My first viewing of a body at the morgue. They'd covered the gunshot wound to the forehead with a cloth....and someone pulled it back to take a peek. Definitely sent shivers up my spine for a minute. (No way was I going to look at the back of his head.)

Someone entering the motorway via the "wrong way go back" part. Fortunately there was no crashes with this dill driving the wrong way along a one way highway. Cars were doing some interesting swerves to avoid the driver though. He realised his mistake and turned around.

Brenda, we knew an elderly woman driving a jaguar the wrong way down our freeway and killed two young men as she rounded the bend in the road - they would not have known what hit them.

Scary 1 - on Monday I was in the city waiting for pedestrian lights to go green so I could cross the road- busy intersection. A taxi was waiting on the other side of the crossing (ie it had already crossed the pedestrian crossing). As the lights went green for us to cross, the taxi reversed back across the crossing - fast, and back up the street for 30 metres. Had I not seen the taxi I wold have merrily crossed the lights and been killed! Along with three other women. We all reported him to the taxi board - I suspect he lied about what he had done because all he received was counselling!

Scary 2 - walking with a police patrol around 1am in the morning to the areas where homeless people stay for the night - old derelict buildings, no electricity, people sleeping under old blankets, bits of cardboard, etc etc. It is a whole different world out there. And incredibly scary because it exists and was not a figment of my imagination.

I woke up one night about a year ago to the sound of the floorboards squeeking in the pattern that gets made when you walk towards our bedroom. Thought that my wife had gone to the toilet, so I rolled over to flick the covers open for her...only to discover she was already in bed! :eek:

Oh, and my daughter asked her recently about the man standing behind her...

Wouldnt be the first haunted place I've lived in either. We're knocking it down soon and rebuilding it, so I wonder if the ghosts go with the house or the land!

I was only 10 years of age and was staying at my grandmothers house. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and as I entered the hall way I noticed a glowing figure in the dinning room looking towards my grandmothers bedroom. :eek: It then turned towards me, as though it saw me, and began runing across the dinning room until it was out of my sight. I was scared witless and I stood there for about 30min before I moved. Luckily I held my bladder during the moment. :D

I won't necessarily claim it was a ghost but I have no other explaination as to what it was.

I woke up one night about a year ago to the sound of the floorboards squeeking in the pattern that gets made when you walk towards our bedroom. Thought that my wife had gone to the toilet, so I rolled over to flick the covers open for her...only to discover she was already in bed! :eek:

Oh, and my daughter asked her recently about the man standing behind her...

Wouldnt be the first haunted place I've lived in either. We're knocking it down soon and rebuilding it, so I wonder if the ghosts go with the house or the land!

That is creepy!!! I hope the ghosts don't move into the new home!

(1) Being confronted at night by the ghost/aparition of an American Indian in full headress/wardress when staying in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

Still can't believe what I saw/thought I saw.

(2) Bus drivers/truck drivers overtaking at speed into head on traffic in Java...forcing the oncoming traffic to pass on the shoulder of the road (three vehicles side by side).

(3) Witnessing the consequences of (2) above, bus with roof peeled back like a sardine tin lid and bleeding/injured passengers sitting on bus bench seats in the middle of the road.

(4) For BoatBoy, being at sea at night (about 1 day from land) between Savu and Sumba in Indonesia on a 65 ft wooden gaff-rigged yawl when the orange glow of cigarettes of Indonesian fishersmen on a large Bugis fishing boat appear out of the pitch black and drift pass us at head height about 10 feet away. Piracy is common throughout Indonesia.

(5) Being on an interisland car ferry between Gilimanuk, Bali and BangiWangi, Java when the huge metal door/landing ramp at the front of the ferry is lowered only to break off and fall into the sea.

Ajax

Last edited:
Back