What's Your Day Job (if any)?

I was just reading through this thread and was thinking exactly the same thing.

Where are all the mechanics, waiters, hairdressers, check-out chicks (or should that be persons?), or garbo truck driver?

I guess they would now be:
mechanic - combustion administrator
waiter - food services consultant
hairdresser - follicle team leader.
ch-o-ch - inventory release manager
garbo - district environmental management team supervisor.

I'm a service supervisor... I look after the "Checkout Chicks and roosters"
And of cause the Customers! :D

I am a finance officer in the Public Service for the Army, but an ex soldieress, and still do it part time as well.

I quit school in Year 10, bumped around for a few years, joined a couple of crews, got nicked and a criminal record, and now that I've found property investing, my cleaning job with a local contracting firm doesn't seem so quite degrading. Any relevance?
\
Absolutely! When we earn our own self respect it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.
Well done and thanks for sharing.
Fun thread-fascinating stuff and gives me a chance to engage a little whilst browsing the other forums as I dont think I can add much at this stage of the game.
But this is a really lovely forum!

I am a Banking Business Analyst. In layman's terms "I look after the computer systems of a bank". My Sydney based company sells the software and I jump on a plane to implement and fix it. In short, my Job is boring. But the travel has been great so far!

As our clients are mainly tier 2 and tier 3 banks globally, I travel to places I would never dare to holiday - and there are some, I had on my list of countries to visit ;)

- Iran
- Egypt
- Kuwait
- Dubai
- South Africa
- India
- Russia
- Malaysia
- Saudi Arabia
- China

Currently in Beijing China.

I have always worked either in mining or agriculture. Just changed jobs in the last couple of months. Currently working in rural merchandise (& loving it). A good old Aussie farmer shareholder company.

Yes you do. :) He wasn't certain at first and then saw the subway signs. :D
Hey, that's great.

I wouldn't mind catching up with the both of you sometime- though probably into the New Year.

Kerbs was especially passionate about what he had learnt from Tony Robins. And he copped heaps from the cops by saying something on the intranet.

But I knew where he was coming from, and I could see what he had learnt, and how he had grown as a result.

And it's especially great to see him come back as a property investor- with the enthusiatic support of a fiance. There is nothing more defeating in the path to a longer term goal like investing than a partner with different goals.

I suspect that you will do great things in partnership together. Congratulations on the engagement. And all the very best for the future together.

(Now, if you an just get past his dogs to his house, you're going to have a great time together).

I dig dirty big holes in the ground, mostly out at sea over the horizon, or in the middle of the desert over that last sand dune, where the chardonnay swilling greenies can't see us and therefore don't complain as much.

If you use lights at night, or use a computer, or drive a vehicle, or use anything made of plastic.....then I'm the guy that helps you do it.

I've never managed to stay in one vocation for long (get bored to quickly) and now over 40 I can say I'm officially in my midlife crisis. I work as a social worker 2 days a week and have a small business doing building work and renovations. Life's good.

Dean

I guess most people know about my job...

My role is to satisfy hundreds of women (and men) each and every day...

I dig dirty big holes in the ground, mostly out at sea over the horizon, or in the middle of the desert over that last sand dune, where the chardonnay swilling greenies can't see us and therefore don't complain as much.

If you use lights at night, or use a computer, or drive a vehicle, or use anything made of plastic.....then I'm the guy that helps you do it.

All that stuff that the Greenies use for their protest missions Dazz!

Back