WHere can I sell 2nd hand books? too many!

I have too many books! a lot of them are in *like new* condition. I have more than a thousand books on psychology, new age, religion, investment, mind, business, etc etc.

Does anyone know where in Sydney or Melbourne can I sell them for a good price?

.. or a local second hand book place.

You won't get a great price, but you might appreciate the convenience more than the money you might get back.

Or try one on the online second hand booksellers. http://www.abebooks.com/ has outlets all over the world, including many in Australia. We found an out of print book in Queanbeyan after our daughter accidentally destroyed an out of print book from the school library (reading it in the bath!).

if you get more than 30c a book, take it.
but probably a good idea to pick the eyes out of them and take those to a used book store.

I bought a few used books from this shop last year.
Bound Words Pty Ltd
283 Hampton St Hampton VIC 3188
ph: (03) 9521 6565

Staff were snobs but what would you expect in Hampton.

One of the books was written in 1992. I paid $20 for it and later saw it listed on amazon for $85, used.

The shop had a good range of high brow psychology and investment.
Doubt they'd be interested in the entry level stuff in either field though, nor the new age.

Have you got a list of your books? Maybe some forumites would be interested in some of the investment and business ones.

I have too many books! a lot of them are in *like new* condition. I have more than a thousand books on psychology, new age, religion, investment, mind, business, etc etc.

Does anyone know where in Sydney or Melbourne can I sell them for a good price?

Just load up the car and take them to the local St.Vinnies or whatever and donate them.

They'll sell them for about 50c per book, and you'll feel good.

They may give you a receipt for a donation - tax deduction.

Maybe try lifeline?

Not sure if they do it everywhere but in Canberra their main fundraiser is a bookfair - went yesterday and spent $49 on about 15 books - all good stuff, would have cost us several hundred to buy new. We make sure we donate a box of books a year - some we got from previous fairs (read don't feel like reading it again), some bought from other 2nd hand or new sources. Am a massive wilbur smith/bryce courtenay fan so stops me blowing the budget (on these and on investment books) for the year.

Back