Which Airline?

Hi All,

Just wondering when you fly who do you choose to fly with?

I fly Qantas for work & being a Qantas FF, I usually stick with Qantas or OneWorld Airlines when travelling.
I only fly other Airlines If I really have too.

Just wondering when you fly who do you choose to fly with?

Do you have a preference? Maybe Cheapest? Most Luxurious? Dont care?

Just curious on peoples thoughts.

Cheers

Wirra

That's interesting that you really like qantas Dave, I've actively avoided them for the past few years as I always used to have problems with them. So now I use virgin 99% of the time domestically (not that I fly that much anyway).

For international I'm not too fussy, I really choose on price first and of course safety record comes into play as well. I really liked Emirates when I flew with them last year. Their entertainment system was excellent.

I have flown internationally with Qantas, United and Virgin Australia. All flights were SYD-LAX.

Virgin was by FAR the better airline for me. I can't sleep, get stir crazy, can't fit in the seats (6'1).

Qantas was 2006 had 4 movies, seats that when upright, already I had to twist my body to not have my knees into the seat.

United was 2008, had a few movies, but no individual sceen, so I couldn't see the movie anyways. I spent ~10 hours of the flight standing at the bulkhead talking to randoms to stop going stir crazy, I couldn't sit in my seat without twisting my body, which in turn stuffed my back - legs were too long.

Virgin was 2011 had ~30 movies, ~10 TV series, games, etc. They were supposed to also be releasing the ability to watch avi/mp4 and play MP3 from a USB HDD, which means I could bring my own movies. Seats that when they reclined, they were just touching my knees - so I could sit straight. They were also the cheapest

If I was doing SYD-LAX again, I would only fly Virgin.

I do have a mate that FF with united and he loves it..but he sleeps on the plane so entertainment means nothing to him.

Domestic - I'd take the cheapest flight wouldnt care about the service.

Don't fly that much but have used Tiger for domestic flights.

For international, I have always used Singapore Airlines. Mainly because, short transit (traveling with Kids). Their pricing is not bad compared to others.

Been flying Virgin (domestic) for as long as they have been around. mainly SYD-PERTH

Excellent service, cheaper, and now the food included again and plenty of entertainment why would I change?

Plenty of room too I agree.

Only one international flight years ago on United to San Fran. and couldnt fault the staff.
Just before landing in San Fran we received a bottle of champaign and box of chockies from the stewards for being fun passengers and to enjoy our time in the US.
All the other passengers were wondering where their gifts were...? LOL.

With work I have the choice of Virgin, Qantas and Jetstar. I usually fly Qantas as I was already a member of their frequent flyer program and the points accumulation is nice when I'm flying at least once a month and sometimes twice.

I had to fly Jetstar for one of my flights recently and I asked the flight attendant for a blanket and I think she almost laughed at me! :eek: When she did the rounds asking if I wanted to *buy* any food I almost laughed at her.... :D

When I will no longer have my flight costs covered I will just travel with whoever is the cheapest at the time and reminisce about my Qantas flying days as they are rarely the cheapest.

Majority of my flying is Qantas or Jetstar. I've also flown Malaysian Airlines, Singapore and just thinking about booking with Cathay Pacific to get to New York as they have an awesome schedule and get there is 25-27hrs. Qatar airlines is also on my radar for that trip.

I'm happy with Jetstar for flights under 6hrs (Melb, Singapore, Bali etc) and I tagteam this with Qantas Club membership so have a nice meal in the QLounge then hop on board and happily while away the hours with my ipad etc and don't need to buy anything bar maybe a drink.

When going Internationally I do try and find a One World Alliance airline to get the points onto my Qantas membership.

SQ for me on international flights

+1. I fly Mel-London at least once a year, always SQ (which might mean some of the others are, unknown to me, even better). If you want legroom cheaply they sell the exit row seats for around $50 per leg - a bargain for the 13 hour SIN-LHR marathon.

Just flew Vietnamese airlines for the first time and can't complain. They're prices for Aus to Europe trips are really competitive and HCMC is a cool place to stop over.

Cheers

Jamie

for anyone that needs to go Perth-Brisbane, be sure to go virgin over Qantas. Qantas run some dump of a thing from the 50s and it's such a long domestic flight

Traveling internationally with our children things like departure and arrival times become more important. We tend to travel Qantas for Australia to US and back, but use whatever airline does cheap tickets at convenient times while in the US.

We used Lufthansa in 2010 for flights from Hong Kong to UK, and they weren't great, but still better than most US airlines.

I like Singapore Airlines a lot, but they don't seem to do routes that suit our holidaying so don't use them much.

December this year will be flying Sydney to Dallas direct, and Qantas have changed the service to use the A380, which is good news. At 15 and a half hours, that will be a loooong flight, but halves the time on the following leg into New York. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

I try to stick with Qantas or One World airlines and a Emirates. Mainly because if my a Qantas FF. Quick check-in, lounge and express security.

I only fly Qantas. I flew with Tiger when they first started.

My daughter recently went to LA and she flew Qantas too.

We fly anything except Qantas, although for an international flight from Perth to fly Qantas would be almost impossible unless you went to the east coast first,all flights from Perth are codeshare. Domestic flights on Qantas from Perth are horrible as they use all the oldest planes.

Have flown South African, Air Mauritius, Singapore Airlines, Tiger, Virgin.
Probably would try to avoid Tiger as they are well known for dropping flights at the last minute. If you want to go to Africa business class in Air Mauritius is a good deal.

Qantas domestically or virgin if its significantly cheaper. I do like those cheese snack packs on Virgin. Qantas for international or Singapore airlines - flight times usually win out but I do have Qantas FF. Unfortunately Qantas flights don't always fly direct from Brisbane. Im not flying to Sydney then overseas.
Cheers, nat

Back