Which Brisbane Suburbs?

Hot market for housing - are you seeing the same level of activity for new and existing units?

Kedron units seem to be selling quickly. A friend who has a Kedron unit sold it yesterday for $405K after 10 days on the market. Previous best price in the same complex over last few years was $365K. Not sure how units are going in other areas.

I haven't been to Brisbane before but plan to visit it in a month's time for a holiday and general feel of the city.

For those who have lived in both Sydney and Brisbane, how would you compare the equivalent suburbs in Brisbane compared to those in Sydney? Need not be a like for like Eg, What areas in Brisbane would you consider to be the equivalent to the the Inner West of Sydney (low supply, gentrifying, cafe culture, close to CBD, good history of capital growth)

What areas in Brisbane would you consider to be the equivalent to Western Sydney?

Looking to invest in the Brisbane market in areas where there is a good history of growth and tight supply without your major high rises etc. In the 500-700k range.

What do you guys think of Fitzgibbon. Decent price houses, though land is usually around 450m2 only but all surrounding suburbs are priced higher than Fitzgibbon, so potential growth?

What do you guys think of Fitzgibbon. Decent price houses, though land is usually around 450m2 only but all surrounding suburbs are priced higher than Fitzgibbon, so potential growth?

I think Fitzgibbon has potential in the medium term, for exactly the reason you state - it is currently sitting at a lower price point than surrounding suburbs but has recently benefited from substantial improvements in local amenities.

What will be interesting is how the older stock which is 10-15 years old holds up in comparison to the newer stock in Fitzgibbon Chase which is significantly newer but most is on much smaller blocks (most around 300sqm).

My biggest piece of advice is to stick to the parts of Fitzgibbon which are within walking distance to Carseldine station - this is going to be a major driver of capital growth, especially if the Northern Busway ever goes ahead (unlikely under the current State Government but who knows how much longer they'll stay in). Now that the Norris Rd extension is almost open, we may well see some of the Bracken Ridge to City express bus services being re-routed through Fitzgibbon too (most likely down Carselgrove Ave).

What will be interesting is how the older stock which is 10-15 years old holds up in comparison to the newer stock in Fitzgibbon Chase which is significantly newer but most is on much smaller blocks (most around 300sqm).

Thanks for your feedback. I wanted to make sure, I am on right path, I had look at properties and as you mentioned all new ones on small (300m2) blocks which doesnt seem to make sense so looking for established house. And Yes, closer to carseldine will be first preference but cant really find any property meeting the criteria :-(

looking to purchse IP, needing suggestions

Looking to purchase an IP on the northside of Brisbane due to knowing the area
quite well.
Have a budget of $500,000 but prefer to purchase one between $400,000
and $450,000.
Looking at a 4 bed, 2 bath and 2 garage on nice size block.
Have been looking at Kallangur, Griffin due to a little cheaper and new rail line going in.
Am I on the right track with that size property and areas or is there better areas?
Would welcome any suggestions.
Thanks

Looking to purchase an IP on the northside of Brisbane due to knowing the area
quite well.
Have a budget of $500,000 but prefer to purchase one between $400,000
and $450,000.
Looking at a 4 bed, 2 bath and 2 garage on nice size block.
Have been looking at Kallangur, Griffin due to a little cheaper and new rail line going in.
Am I on the right track with that size property and areas or is there better areas?
Would welcome any suggestions.
Thanks
I'd prefer Griffin to Kallangur as it is so much closer to CBD and so capital growth is likely to be higher. Parts of Kallangur are close to rail. Kallangur's blocks are larger.

I was looking at 2 properties both on realestate.com.au.

15 nellies lane, kallangur and 27 ochre crescent, Griffin.

The property in griffin is in one of older estates about 12 year old and good
size block.

Thoughts?

I still like Everton Park and Albany Creek, even without our own train line. previously I have said that McDowell and Bridgeman Downs are a bit too far away from the express buses, but Hubby says they are fine.

Agree with hubby, bought exactly in McDowall and Bridgeman Downs last year, and had a nice surprise with slight increase in values (approx. 4%, bought via SMSF thus required for ATO to produce market value each year).
However, it really depends on one's strategy. Mine is hold long term or even never to sell, large land, corner block, future development potential (if not by us then perhaps kids????).
They rent well so time will tell....
I think it is really hard to recommend the suburbs, as everybody has a different strategy, or it can change over time, depending on the situation, right?:)

Gaythorne 3bed 2bath TH?

Hi Guys,
I am looking at investing in Gaythorne 3bed, 2bath, 1 carpk TH.
Is it a good suburb with high CG?
How is the train frequency for living/investing?
Is the market moving fast and would $455K be a reasonable price (or is it overpriced) for this property in the area?
Appreciate your input.
Cheers!

I was looking at 2 properties both on realestate.com.au.

15 nellies lane, kallangur and 27 ochre crescent, Griffin.

The property in griffin is in one of older estates about 12 year old and good
size block.

Thoughts?

I would be checking out the MBRC draft planning scheme for those areas. New zonings could have significant positive impacts on a particular block.

What are people's thoughts on Logan Central and Kingston?

Besides Logan Central and Kingston, should also look at Woodridge and North Slacks Creek. Rental yield is good. Draft Logan Plan should confirm dual living/dual key, dual occupancy and granny flat and manner it can be rented out e.g. separately to different groups of tenants. Confirmed Logan Plan will provide clarity in that matter in a move to accommodate a growing population that is already constrained by a shortage of new builds in the Logan area.

Logan 4114 and Slacks Creek still provides good yield. good opportunities and I expect some capital gain after the announcement of Confirmed Draft Logan Plan

Besides Logan Central and Kingston, should also look at Woodridge and North Slacks Creek. Rental yield is good. Draft Logan Plan should confirm dual living/dual key, dual occupancy and granny flat and manner it can be rented out e.g. separately to different groups of tenants. Confirmed Logan Plan will provide clarity in that matter in a move to accommodate a growing population that is already constrained by a shortage of new builds in the Logan area.

Logan 4114 and Slacks Creek still provides good yield. good opportunities and I expect some capital gain after the announcement of Confirmed Draft Logan Plan

For the draft Logan plan you mentioned, is there a specification for what the minimum land size is needed to build a granny flat in that area?

Back