Which Brisbane Suburbs?

Partner and I just bought our ppor on the ashgrove/enoggera border. We obviously love the area for the parks, cafes, schools, great character houses, and proximity to the cbd.

It's well serviced by the buses on wardell st and the train line. No shortage of renters at the army barracks - they're prepared to pay decent rent as well.

The intersection of samford/wardell st is being upgraded to ease congestion.. It will most likely be gentrified as well.

Mitchy will be cheaper than enoggera, but has it's pros. Regular markets on Blackwood st, brookside shopping centre and the train still runs express from Mitchy too I think?

Thanks for the info :)

Hi All,

What are your thoughts on Stafford\Stafford Heights? Can get a good size block(600+) below 500k and property on main road (stafford rd) for 400k. Is it good deal?

I have a 3/1/0 in Stafford Heights on a Main Road. Have been looking to sell this property and was wondering if people currently in the area believe that the market is timed to sell hard stock (eg. a House on a Main Rd)?

A realestate agent believes I could get $450-480k? Is this realistic. From my research I think $420k is more realistic.

Your thoughts and knowledge is much appreciated.

Hi All,

What are your thoughts on Stafford\Stafford Heights? Can get a good size block(600+) below 500k and property on main road (stafford rd) for 400k. Is it good deal?

Hey AVS, maybe you and Roachy should talk?:D

Hi Beanie Girl,

This is weird lol, seller and buyer asking same questions. I am very confused with this, have been struggling to finalise the suburb and now when I have idea(stafford heights looks good), the property I like\look at has been listed for 90+ days. Cant figure out what am I missing :-(

I was up in brissie for the past few days and drove down Stafford Rd. have a look on google maps to see if its next to a bus stop or a no stopping zone.

Random comment here but has anyone noticed how many adult shops exist quite prominently? I can't say I've seen similar in Sydney (other than in the cross/darlinghurst. Driving along gympie rd and Hamilton road i saw a few just sitting alongside the usual suburban shops

Hi Beanie Girl,

This is weird lol, seller and buyer asking same questions. I am very confused with this, have been struggling to finalise the suburb and now when I have idea(stafford heights looks good), the property I like\look at has been listed for 90+ days. Cant figure out what am I missing :-(

Would you like some local feedback? Please give us the address or link.

I was up in brissie for the past few days and drove down Stafford Rd. have a look on google maps to see if its next to a bus stop or a no stopping zone.

It is next to a bus stop but what difference does this make? For easier transport? Is it very busy/noisy road? I am planning to go there in next few weeks to have a look.

Random comment here but has anyone noticed how many adult shops exist quite prominently? I can't say I've seen similar in Sydney (other than in the cross/darlinghurst. Driving along gympie rd and Hamilton road i saw a few just sitting alongside the usual suburban shops[/QUOTE]

Haha very random but I noticed that to when I first came up I noticed every suburb had an adult shop, but Ive never seen anyone go in or come out of one. Only the female staff members smoking out the front.

Would you like some local feedback? Please give us the address or link.

Hey Angel, that would be much appreciated. I am still looking but below are few which I liked but as some are listed for long, wondering if I am missing anything.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-stafford-116491543

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-stafford heights-117221647

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-stafford heights-117278719

Any feedback will be much appreciated. I am looking forward to learn what all things to look at when searching property.

It is next to a bus stop but what difference does this make? For easier transport? Is it very busy/noisy road? I am planning to go there in next few weeks to have a look.

If it is next to a bus stop it means the tenant or their visitors won't be able to park outside of their house. Not to mention the noise of the brakes and accelerator of the buses and some commuters sitting on your front fence waiting for the bus. A main road is the least favourable location for a tenant and I'd say that a bus stop on top of that would make it even less desirable.

It's the main road to get in and out of Stafford (I think). I drove there straight from the airport and then heading out to Chermside and it was my GPS' preferred route. Yesterday was the first time I'd driven through there so I'm not really one to make reasonable comment about the area.

Hi AVS
Houses 1 and 3 - the residents will not be able to get in and out of their driveways because of the Traffic. Hubby drives past no1 on his way to work.

House 2 is back off the main road and in a much nicer area. However we do not know that particular house. It may also be in a bad location as Farrant St is all hills and it may be at the crest of a hill and also very dangerous to access with cars unable to see over the other side of the hill. Farrant st used to have army housing which may or may not have been privatised.

I followed the maps south for No 2 and drivers would be able to drive along Farrant St to avoid a lot of the main rd and I can see there is easy access to the main roads in each direction.

Hi AVS
Houses 1 and 3 - the residents will not be able to get in and out of their driveways because of the Traffic. Hubby drives past no1 on his way to work.

House 2 is back off the main road and in a much nicer area. However we do not know that particular house. It may also be in a bad location as Farrant St is all hills and it may be at the crest of a hill and also very dangerous to access with cars unable to see over the other side of the hill. Farrant st used to have army housing which may or may not have been privatised.

I followed the maps south for No 2 and drivers would be able to drive along Farrant St to avoid a lot of the main rd and I can see there is easy access to the main roads in each direction.

Thanks for your feedback Angel. It is really helpful as I was not aware having it on main road is going to be such a big issue. I guess, I need to continue my search, will post out others for your opinion. Cheers.

If it is next to a bus stop it means the tenant or their visitors won't be able to park outside of their house. Not to mention the noise of the brakes and accelerator of the buses and some commuters sitting on your front fence waiting for the bus. A main road is the least favourable location for a tenant and I'd say that a bus stop on top of that would make it even less desirable.

It's the main road to get in and out of Stafford (I think). I drove there straight from the airport and then heading out to Chermside and it was my GPS' preferred route. Yesterday was the first time I'd driven through there so I'm not really one to make reasonable comment about the area.

I only thought of noise as an issue but I guess it will be less comfortable for tenants as well so cant except good yield either. Thanks for your feedback.

I'm looking at the western suburbs - Indooroopilly, Kenmore etc.

Is it just my imagination but is the amount of available stock for sale unusually low, or is this just a normal winter thing?

Can anybody point me to how I can verify my thoughts?

Is anybody finding out the same in other suburbs in Brisbane?

I've made a few calls to agents and a lot of stock is under offer soon after listing.

Market is pretty hot. Good ones get picked up immediately, rarely contract crashes and that is the time to get in. Keep watching the properties in your saved properties and jump in when the time is right. Cheers.

Bought a TH in the Indooroopilly/Taringa area recently prior to being advertised on RE. Lurked outside at subsequent inspection a couple of days later. Saw around 15 parties enter.

Can some one please help me with below questions

• Is redcliffe considered as high risk for flooding? which suburbs should be avoided for the flood risk?
  • I have been looking at stafford, chermside etc region and struggling to find newer properties, found few renovated ones but nothing exciting. Should continue searching and buy renovated property in here or buy newer property in strathpine,mango hill, griffin etc region?

My strategy is to have a CG. It will be my first property and I want to keep it simple with low maintenance and less tenant issues hence thinking about newer property.

Market is pretty hot. Good ones get picked up immediately, rarely contract crashes and that is the time to get in. Keep watching the properties in your saved properties and jump in when the time is right. Cheers.

Golden advice, has served us well too.
Especially failed auctions where sellers expectations were too high.

Back