White Christmas

My first white Christmas ... well kinda!!?

As it has been hailing on and off all night, and now again this morning, I have an almost White Christmas. Got the Central Heating on on the 25th of Dec!:eek: Hopefully it makes its way over to the fire ravaged areas over to the east.

Hope you all have a great day.....

Yes! We spent Xmas lunch/dinner in Whittlesea - and the hail storm resulted in a White Chirstmas for us - in the middle of summer - only in Melbourne!! I'm used to a White Christmas coming from Chicago - but never expected it in Oz!

Hopefully our White Xmas will give the much needed relief to those fighting and experiencing the bush fires!

Merry Christmas all!

Cheers,
Jen

I'm used to a White Christmas coming from Chicago - but never expected it in Oz.

Cheers,
Jen

My son's girlfriend is visiting from Chicago this Xmas.
I am extremely pleased to say we are having a green Xmas.
6C outside, so quite mild.
Turkey in oven roasting, mmmmm, smells yummy.

Just spoke to MIL a few minutes ago, and Rob's brother is one of the volunteer firefighters there,so we are also crossing our fingers everyone will be safe.

Merry Xmas

I remember Christmas 2001, I was still living in Melbourne. I drove to the airport on Boxing day around 1pm and it was 14C (according to the big nylex thermometer/clock on the way into Tulla).

I was picking my other half up, he got off the plane, wearing shorts and T-shirt, and asked "Did we overshoot?" He was wondering whether he'd ended up in antarctica. (coming from Brisbane, where it was over 30 as usual).

We spent the next couple of weeks in the house with the Gas Central Heating running.

I was only another 4 months and I was living in BNE too.

asy :D

I once moved from Melbourne to Brisbane...to avoid the cold weather and the chilblains. Although after a few years in Brisbane, I had to move to Cairns, cos it was toooooo cold!

Isn't it funny. I've lived in Brisbane all my life. Hubby lived in Mt Isa for a few years. I hate Brisbane summers. I couldn't live any closer to the equator. Just when I am itching towards the air-con switch, hubby starts saying what a gorgeous day it is. Mt Isa heat fried his brain, no doubt:eek: .

Wylie.

Back