• Democrats

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Greens

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Independant/Other

Votes: 6 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just wondering which party you would vote for if an election (federal) was held tomorrow.

Will a change in government mean a change in the out look for residential property?

if i had a choice i would vote liberal - but we live in an exceptionally strong labor seat, so i have my little protest vote and always vote independent (liberals usually don't bother putting someone half decent up 'cause they know they won't win).

i think more independents would be a good thing - means they would be actually working for the seat they represent instead of following "party law".

HI Leitha

Can we add an "undecided".?

Whilst it may seem as fence sitting professional polls include this as it gives the pollsters an idea of how many are swinging voters.

This indicates a number of things:

1. The effectiveness of the oppositions new ideas.
  2. If the number is high enough that when attached to the lowest out of Lib or Labour it means the result is still in doubt.
  3. It also gives an idea of the donkey vote, usually 10% of the undecided whom never decide which itself can decide an election.

I obviously would vote that but until recently would been Labor despite voting liberal since ever.

The reason for my change is infighting with the union on workschoices worries me.

Macro economic wise and as a small businessman some of the union demands are unworkable and would stop me ( and I assume many others) hiring people.

Peter 14.7

Eurovision

I wouldn't be placing any bets based on the answers of this forum, possible there is a slight bias to one party here :)

Reminds me of Eurovision voting, which is really a Euro popularity contest and indication of Euro immigration, everyone votes for their neighbours.... And Sveden...... 12 points for Norvay! Yay! And no matter how much Turkey suck their song will always score near the top as you can't vote for your country but they have a lotta immigrants in a lotta countries in Europe.

I wouldn't be placing any bets based on the answers of this forum, possible there is a slight bias to one party here :)

There was another similar poll question recently, which had Labor with more votes. http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31021

Reminds me of Eurovision voting, which is really a Euro popularity contest and indication of Euro immigration, everyone votes for their neighbours.... And Sveden...... 12 points for Norvay! Yay! And no matter how much Turkey suck their song will always score near the top as you can't vote for your country but they have a lotta immigrants in a lotta countries in Europe.

Just like Greece gives Cyprus 12 votes everytime (and vice-versa). :)

And no matter how much Turkey suck their song will always score near the top as you can't vote for your country but they have a lotta immigrants in a lotta countries in Europe.

Hey hey hey...take it easy there. Their songs are always good and catchy. And its Eurovision for gods sake. The immigrant thing is right though :p haha

Oscar

This is actually a bit of a tough question this time round. Last time I would say Libs by a country mile as Labour couldn't field a team worth considering. This time they're much closer to the money.

My dilemma is that I like the Libs because of their economic credentials and I want to ensure ongoing economic prosperity and tight control of inflation within acceptable bands. I want to see a continuation in the reduction of taxation and a reduction in market interventions/tariffs and expansion in international free trade. I think labour are a risk in this area.

I like labour because of the generational change. I'm a Gen Xer and I'm sick of old folk running the country. I also like Labour's views on the environment and reckon the Libs failed abysmally here. But I'm scared about labour's turning back the clock on work choices and unions.

For me its a trade-off between the economy or the environment but I want both. To be honest, at the moment I'm leaning towards the Libs as I reckon a strong economy is an enabler to acting on emissions and getting the environmental controls in place. At least Labour's fielding of a strong opposition for the first time in living memory means Howard has been forced to at least consider these other areas of government responsibility. Even if Labour don't win, some of their thinking will make it into government policy.

So Lib for me for now.

Cheers,
Michael.

I voted liberal last election, not important what I do this election as I'm in Wayne Swans electorate = labor.

One thing that makes me angry about this government is their foreign policy, especially Iraq. The idealogical path John Howard has taken us down is just plain wrong imo, eg: we will do whatever the US decrees as their south pacific deputy. Keating probably went overboard in the other direction with his views towards Asia, but he was much closer to the mark I think, we should think more like Asians than another American state.

Libs get my vote

As a blue collar worker i dont beleive all this Union, media BS about AWAs im on one earning 16k more than a union EBA, if Rudd gets in i loose 16k straight away, also the ALP want to increase taxes on by 25% on petrol and power, introduce capital gains tax on PPOR, abolish negative gearing, abolish recent good changes to super. Cant beleive anyone on this forum would vote ALP, How silly are you!

Looks as if the ALP will be running the country before the years end, if so im moving to Alaska or NZ.

GoldMiner said:
As a blue collar worker i dont beleive all this Union, media BS about AWAs im on one earning 16k more than a union EBA, if Rudd gets in i loose 16k straight away,
Rubbish.
GoldMiner said:
also the ALP want to increase taxes on by 25% on petrol and power, introduce capital gains tax on PPOR, abolish negative gearing, abolish recent good changes to super.
All Rubbish

GM, I think you should move to Alaska or NZ as the Aussie sun seems to have melted your brain. :)

Show me any labor front or back bencher proclaiming these policies. Most of these would be suicide. Come-on, get a grip.

Colin said:
They did this once and changed it back almost immediatly becuase of the mess it caused.

Yep, believe it was Paul Keating (but I could be wrong). There's no current Labor policy to make the changes GM has proclaimed. Hey GM, not actually JH or some other stooge are you?

The idealogical path John Howard has taken us down is just plain wrong imo, eg: we will do whatever the US decrees as their south pacific deputy.

So where does that place England? Tony Blair, a Labor analogue, sided with the US. Let's face it, until the west develops an energy replacement for oil, we will give a sh*t about the middle east.

And terrorism wouldn't be so bad if we just stopped the endless flow of economic refugee Muslims into the western world. Is it too much to expect rich Islamic countries to spend their oil profits on poor Islamic countries?

As for the election, I think Peter Costello has been robbed. John Howard has never impressed me. Costello has.

And for the record, I have seen signs of Rudd's fragility recently. Labor have had how many years in opposition, and their strongest opportunity yet to gain office sees them without policies prepared.

WinstonWolfe said:
As for the election, I think Peter Costello has been robbed. John Howard has never impressed me. Costello has.

Ditto, and I believe the Libs will pay a hefty price for not telling John it was 'time' more than 12 months ago.

Labor voters have hotter girlfriends. :)

hahahaha.....yeah well, some hot women always like the bad boys.....
trouble is, when they breed, their kids are basket cases....
and after these hot women finally grow up, in their mid 30s, they divorce the bad boy, and look around for a hardworking conservative, with money...

greenie one day....conspicuous consumer and net carbon emission debtor the next....

Back