Why are so many of these threads being moved???

is it possible to have a little tab to indicate where a thread has been moved to?

like today - i have been following a couple of threads in the general section - they have now been apparently "moved" but i can't seem to find them.

is it possible to have a little tab to indicate where a thread has been moved to?

like today - i have been following a couple of threads in the general section - they have now been apparently "moved" but i can't seem to find them.
Lizzie

You should be able to click on the link after the "Moved:" to take you to the thread.

As some other members do, I generally only look at "New Posts" rather than looking at different sections. However, I've also found that when I choose to subscribe to threads, I just look in "User CP" to show threads to which I've posted which have subsequently received a response. Or I can choose to subscribe to a thread to which I have not posted. Optionally, I can get an email to notify me of these threads.

:eek: ... which one ? Is it something I could improve the positioning of ?

It's ok - just me not looking carefully. It's in the quick links under "Today's posts". I occasionally use the "today's posts" to go back to a thread I have already read - and presto for some reason always hit the link below it!

Cheers,

The Y-man

so .... where did this thread go?

If you have a link to a thread and want to know which forum it is in, look at the "breadcrumb" info at the top of the page (see screenshot) - tells you which forum/subforum a thread is in.

Attachments

• threadlocation.png
    threadlocation.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 87
ah - in finance, tax and legal ... would've thought it would have belonged in the economic discussion section - but there we go. i don't go into the tax section very often as that is what i pay my accountant for.

ah - in finance, tax and legal ... would've thought it would have belonged in the economic discussion section

No, it is actually in the economic discussion section.

The "finance, tax and legal" bit you see is for the top level group of forum topics.

Back