What in the hell are we doing in Iraq ?

Larry Miller on Israel and the Palestinians conflict

Larry is apparently no stranger to controversy, see here
Extremist right wing garbage from the US. Laughable, until you realise how many people actually believe this stuff, including many in positions of power.

Not too different to the Taliban really, just the other end of the spectrum.

Maybe get some bang for buck then and drop it somewhere where it counts, like an IDF air force base.

Are you aware that some IDF personnel have refused to attack civilian targets in Gaza? There is plenty of dissent in Israel - they are not the bloodthirsty murderers you make them out to be. Israel is probably the only middle-eastern country to abolish the death penalty. Compare that with the neighbours.....where would you prefer to live?

Are you aware that some IDF personnel have refused to attack civilian targets in Gaza? There is plenty of dissent in Israel - they are not the bloodthirsty murderers you make them out to be. Israel is probably the only middle-eastern country to abolish the death penalty. Compare that with the neighbours.....where would you prefer to live?

Didn't they murder that guy at a hotel a few years ago using stolen Australian passports?

They have the death penalty- ask Eichmann.

Didn't they murder that guy at a hotel a few years ago using stolen Australian passports?

They have the death penalty- ask Eichmann.

Extrajudicial killings do happen when people cannot be brought to trial. They do not have the death penalty - the law was revised to make a special exception for Eichmann, I think back in '64 or thereabouts.

it is estimated about a million iraqi civilians have died since the us insurgency started. .

That figure is just stupid.

Everyone knows that US and coalition forces didn't kill a million Iraqis. If there has been a million deaths, which I highly doubt, but if there was from subsequent suicide bombings and just muslims killing muslims in the last 11 years, then it's almost like saying that Winston Churchill was responsible for killing 60 million in world war 2 by declaring war on Germany.

See ya's.

That figure is just stupid.

then it's almost like saying that Winston Churchill was responsible for killing 60 million in world war 2 by declaring war on Germany.

See ya's.

I totally agree with you insofar as most deaths that have occurred in Irag over the past 11 years have been caused by insurgents killing civilians and Sunni attacks on Shia and visa versa, not the coalition.
But just a correction, it was Neville Chamberlain that declared war on Germany not Winston Churchill.(sorry for nitpicking)

And one of them, Churchill or Co, stated that "in order for evil to prevail, all it takes is for good men to do nothing."

How many people died at the hands of Hitler and his mates while the British were fluffing around trying to be diplomatic, before they finally declared war on Germany? I don't know why we waited so long before bombing ISIL. But I'm a grumpy old cow, actually, with a family pedigree that served in WW2.

That same quote comes from the Old Testament, BTW.

ha ha Angel, you're not a grumpy old cow at all. I think the US waited to so long before going in to fight ISIL because they recognised that ISIL was taunting them. ISIL wanted to draw the US into the fight, so that again the US could be the 'bad boys' and ISIL could then be seen to be fighting the 'true enemy'.

There is plenty of dissent in Israel - they are not the bloodthirsty murderers you make them out to be. Israel is probably the only middle-eastern country to abolish the death penalty. Compare that with the neighbours.....where would you prefer to live?

There is no in-betweens with Israel ,,but no one is a innocent bystander
have a read up on what this network gets up too..

http://www.rense.com/general32/ruth.htm

And one of them, Churchill or Co, stated that "in order for evil to prevail, all it takes is for good men to do nothing."

How many people died at the hands of Hitler and his mates while the British were fluffing around trying to be diplomatic, before they finally declared war on Germany? I don't know why we waited so long before bombing ISIL. But I'm a grumpy old cow, actually, with a family pedigree that served in WW2.

That same quote comes from the Old Testament, BTW.

Hi Angel

I am intrigued is there a specific verse in the OT with similar quote? PM me if this is going too tangent from the OP. I can see that principles were there in the OT such as 1 Kings 18:21 ie people were silent while the King and Queen Jezebel were doing evil deeds following Baal.

F

Invasion.

Imagine in a world where the western countries were weak military powers and outback posts, and the Arab world was technologically superior and the equivalent of USA today.

If they attacked Australia, the Iranians probably think they're doing us a favour and would be doing it on the pretext of liberating us and helping steer our flawed beliefs back to Allah. You'd think it's an invasion though.

the Iranians ... would be doing it on the pretext of ... helping steer our flawed beliefs back to Allah. You'd think it's an invasion though.

Iranians are not Arabs; they are Persian. If the radicals were the superpower and the western democracies were weak, they wouldn't bother with a 'pretext' or an excuse to come in and force us to convert.

If the Middle East were the superpower and the West were weak, and the West perpetrated a Twin Towers deed on their land, they would have turned the western world into a car park with nuclear weapons--no questions asked.

The difference is that the West goes in and allows them to practise the religion of their choice; the US doesn't go in there wanting to convert them to Christianity. If they (the Radicals) invaded us we would lose all our freedoms.

Hi Angel

I am intrigued is there a specific verse in the OT with similar quote? PM me if this is going too tangent from the OP. I can see that principles were there in the OT such as 1 Kings 18:21 ie people were silent while the King and Queen Jezebel were doing evil deeds following Baal.

F

My apologies, I was wrong :eek: I had it firmly planted in my head that it was from one of the Prophets in the OT and used during WWII. I could have sworn it was in Isaiah somewhere. The concordance to my NIV is in very tiny print and I gave up trying to scroll through it after half an hour last night.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110223110513AADhAFo

The difference is that the West goes in and allows them to practise the religion of their choice; the US doesn't go in there wanting to convert them to Christianity. If they (the Radicals) invaded us we would lose all our freedoms.

When you say go in, you mean invade yea?

Let's not try to dress this up.

When you say go in, you mean invade yea?

Let's not try to dress this up.

When I say 'go in' I mean very selectively target their strongholds, their supply chains, the source of their income streams and their hide outs. 'Go in' includes helping the local army and the freedom fighters. Let's not forget that ISIL are not fighting on behalf Muslims; they are killing Muslims.

Not the Iraqi Government that USA overthrew 10 years earlier yea?

Yes, the same Iraq that Bush junior--the genius luminary of the free world; the upstanding leader of the Republicans in the US, the last bastion of free enterprise--said had weapons of mass destruction.

Wategos is right: extremist Right Wing garbage from the US.

Back