why don't they just stop imagration for a yr or two ?

What a lot of grabage.............Speaking clear english means you can communicate and assimilate properly and contribute effectively in the general community..unlike now where basically ghettos are springing up all with some nationalities that are intent on pretending they are still living overseas.......

What gets my back up is how many from certain nationalities treat women and the law here, especially younger people.......utter contempt!

If you think otherwise ill happily post a long list of stuff that has occurred over the past few years directly relating to lebanese for example..........

Stop being so politically correct and face facts on the issues that sooner or later will come back and haunt this country....you only have to look at france and the uk to see where we are headed.............

i have no issue with anyone coming here to live but make the bloody effort to assimilate and value our living standards and communication.............

its a simple fact of reality, not anti immigration.

Some of these posts sounds more like Anti Australian to me...If you are unhappy with the country then leave! no one is keeping anyone here............

What a redneck. Why should anyone leave? Australia is not your country. Unless you're an aborigine, this is not your country. Don't forget, you're a guest in the country that belongs to the indigenous people. If you're not happy with Australia which is a multicultural country, then i think you should leave! I came here to australia when is was 3 years old. Watching my mother work more than 14 hour a day job to support us. Even now heading towards 60, she's still working long hours. She may not be fluent in english, but she tries. Let me ask you, do you expect her to finish her 14+ hour shift then go do an english course while looking after 2 kids?? Are you capable of doing this? You sit in your high horse thinking that this is your country and everyone must be an aussie or they should leave. Do you even know what it means to be an australian?

This is a luck country and I respect any race who come here and work hard for their family and build a new life for themselves. Who cares if they can't speak english. It's people like you who make immigrants feel isolated.

why don't you ask all those folk in Southern Cross why they can't get a doctor and have to drive 100km to Merredin to see one, and if they're full (which they always are), have to turn around and drive 320km to Kalgoorlie. that's a full day driving.

i'll tell you why.

because the govt further narrowed the skills base allowable for immigrant doctors .... considering 99.8% of regional doctors are immigrants in regional placements then you've just dealt a huge blow to wheatbelt towns everywhere, not just WA.

so next time you decide to jump on your "f__k off we're full" high horse about immigration, take an hour's drive out to your nearest regioanl town and ask why they have no doctors, then tell them you support the fact they don't have a doctor because your house price is too high.

get some perspective and call back later.

Settle down there fella speaking of high horses . Forums , unbelievable , it was just a simple question , the pro's and cons are why I asked it in the first place.
I live in regional areas myself these days and I'm well aware of the needs.

and pay $250 a week in rent in a million + suburb lol
but what do i know .

as i said housing investments dead .is no shortage .. thats the propery lobbyists and interest groups talking ..

yes be prepared for the 3rd great depression.

no skilled labour shortage either .. that is the minig lobby groups at work .

commercial real estate is becomming a big prob in oz also

Nothin like a warm and fuzzy feel good post , sorry mate couldn't resist.
But no I've seen some of your stuff , I'm not here to argue, God knows I have better things to do than f' around in forums but I am just wondering Urban.
Not that I'm saying it will or be as bad but when do you see all this happening ?
What have you got to say on the never ending and lately growing if anything pomo's we see and hear daily lately about just how great us Aussies have faired ?

Cheers

Just a thought from a migrant's perspective...

I'm a migrant, moved here five years with my partner. We love this country and we have decided to call Australia our new home.

Now, me and my partner speak English pretty well BUT we don't use it when we speak among ourselves, regardless wether we are in public or not. Why? Well take it this way, if you and you're spouse are natural english speakers and just happen to have learned a new foreign language, say Spanish.. would you feel COMFORTABLE using it on casual conversations on a daily basis?

Another thing I want to share, the vast majority of migrants comes here via the SKILLED MIGRATION PROGRAM, not refugee boats.

Nowadays, skilled migrants have plenty of options... virtually every modern economy offers some form of migrations scheme for them. Most skilled migrants CHOOSE the country to move into. Australia is part of the world and COMPETE with other modern economies to attract skilled migrants. If Australia tightens up migration, then prospective skilled workesr would simply shift their attention to another country.

Honestly, if we were told during the migration application process that we would be REQUIRED to speak English in public, we would have never migrated here and would have just brought our skills somewhere else.

Settle down there fella speaking of high horses . Forums , unbelievable , it was just a simple question , the pro's and cons are why I asked it in the first place.
I live in regional areas myself these days and I'm well aware of the needs.

what high horse? i'm passionate about something so i'm riding a high horse?

i live in the 'burbs.

What a redneck. Why should anyone leave? Australia is not your country. Unless you're an aborigine, this is not your country. Don't forget, you're a guest in the country that belongs to the indigenous people.

ROTFLOMAO...........Your off with the fairies playing the "aboriginal card" on me mate..they own no more than I do.....

I'm a guest of no one in this country.

If you read my posts properly you will see I am not against immigration but I honestly feel that if someone wants to live in a country make an effort to learn the language, not run off into little suburb groups and make no effort.

If you and others cant see that as logical, then tough luck.

I lived in Argentina for seven years when I was younger.....made a real effort to learn the Spanish language as soon as I landed...........it helped be productive and contribute to others easily everyday life.

Best of luck in whatever you believe in but please dont throw the aboriginal line at me..its all b/s son.....

Back