Why would you live in Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne, Darwin?

I need some help from the forumites.

I got a phone call yesterday from a recruiter wanting me to spell out reasons why (apart from work reasons) I wanted to work in a different city.

I have never lived anywhere in Australia apart from Sydney and my only interstate experience was Cairns about 16 years ago. Even though I have travelled widely around the world and have lived in 3 different countries in last 10 years, apart from Australia.

My main reason for wanting to move is for a better job prospect. I am involved in legal field, and because I was not topping the class at uni, my experience of looking for a job for career advancement has been difficult. And for better opportunities of building my career I am willing to move anywhere in Australia, even overseas.

For Brisbane, I can think of the weather and relaxed lifestyle.

For Perth- I don't know.

For Darwin its proximity to Asia/Indonesia.

For Melbourne- I don't know.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Why not????

For Brisbane, I can think of the weather and relaxed lifestyle.

For Perth- I don't know.

For Darwin its proximity to Asia/Indonesia.

For Melbourne- I don't know.
Experience is one of life's greatest teachers. Why not "sample" one (or several) of these cities and gather your own opinions over time.

There is much that can be said, for and against any place you care to name in the world, but the most accurate description and one that will best serve YOU is YOUR OWN experience gathered over time spent in it.

Good luck with your adventures, and (from someone who has lived in several major cities here and o/s) relish the experience! ;)

Cheers,
Jo

I've lived in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Florida (USA), and now Cairns. I just kept moving until I found a climate conducive to my lifestyle.:) No regrets...learned something valuable in each place. I've also done work stints in Hastings (Vic), Adelaide, Perth and Darwin. Every city had something special to offer, and after moving so often, I finally found where I wanted to put down roots.

Tis great to experience the variety of what various towns and cities have to offer. Each is unique and special in some way.

In the original version of "Auntie Mame", Rosalind Russell said "Life is a banquet and most SOB's are starving to death". Well if that's true....I intend to gorge myself on life...bring it on!

Enjoy!

I was created from "Dubbo dust" and still call Dubbo (NSW, there ain't another one anywhere) home in my heart but I don't want to live there anymore. Must have something to do with the way our bodies cells regenerate completely every seven years. It's been so long since I lived there that I think the Dubbo dust is all but gone.:)
Simon

Go for the place that gives you the best opportunity in your career. Treat it as a way to learn about the place. It doesn't matter which place it is. It will not be a long term thing (by the sound).

I've had some fantastic life experiences by having lived in the UK, USA, as well as Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra. I was only a student in the USA, I've worked in the other places.

Career first, location second.

If I had known then what I know now about real estate I would have taken just so much more advantage of the opportunities. One year in one location will lay a grounding to know about that location for a long time to come.

Why Perth?

A mini skirt in Perth is called a belt in Sydney.

Longer hotter summers and better beaches.

Better AFL teams, well at least one anyway.

We stay up an average of two hours later and wake up at least two hours later every day than you poor sods over east.

Our roads are wider, although this doesn't result in better drivers, in fact probably the opposite.

Economy is continuing to boom.

and

Brisbane weather?

Are you serious about the Brisbane weather? For me it's almost non liveable for a few months each year.

Presently I'm living on the Old Coast (my local shopping centre doubles as the recreation room for a retirement village), but my favourite city would have to be Melbourne, I have always enjoyed my time there. Second favourite Syderney. Perth only if you think Brisbane is too hectic.

Are you serious about the Brisbane weather? For me it's almost non liveable for a few months each year.

but my favourite city would have to be Melbourne, I have always enjoyed my time there.

That is if you are a penguin ... 4?C in November: why would you do that to yourself:eek:

But then I'm a biased Brisbanite and love the weather. I'm even complaining about today's "chilly' wind!

kaf

That is if you are a penguin ... 4?C in November: why would you do that to yourself:eek:

But then I'm a biased Brisbanite and love the weather. I'm even complaining about today's "chilly' wind!

kaf
-4? I prefer -30 to Brisbane in a heat wave.

Why Perth?

Longer hotter summers and better beaches.

I thought a miniskirt in Perth was called a cravat and tied around the neck.:)
I don't like the beaches in Perth to sandy. Yes I am from the east. And why don't you have daylight saving. What is wrong with you people?

Back