Will interst rate cuts = Property boom?

The RBA cut interest rates today. The media think it we will have a surge in property prices. What's everyone's thought on if it will happen and what will be the hot spots?

You're a little late, this has been going on for a while now.
Some of the definite hotspots since the boom started are Western Sydney (2770 for example) and Brisbane.

I don't think I've missed the boat I have my town house now which I bought in 2011 and I have a 1/3rd share in a 1020m2 block with a house on it in annerly which we will be developing on in future. I was more thinking could this be a good time to buy,Reno and sell (quick turn overs) or is it still a market to buy and hold?

I am no expert in property or economics but have watched the market for the past 30+ years. I could never have predicted the past ten years. My gut tells me that property increases for the next 5 years at least will be in line with inflation. It will be a while before we see another boom. I could be wrong but that's what I believe. I would welcome another boom soon though so I could retire early :)

Come on Aaron.....there is no boom anywhere right now. If you are talking mining towns then that is a tightrope to hell..good luck to the brave hearted among us.

Come on Aaron.....there is no boom anywhere right now. If you are talking mining towns then that is a tightrope to hell..good luck to the brave hearted among us.

I'm not talking about stuff like that. Just check out Western Sydney or inner-city Melbourne.

Lower interest rate => Higher borrowing capacity
Lower interest rate = Higher return => Higher valuation
Lower interest rate => Movement from other investments to real estate

Higher borrowing capacity + Higher valuation + Movement from other investments to real estate => BOOM

well that is my wishful thinking :D

Higher borrowing capacity + Higher valuation + Movement from other investments to real estate => BOOM

well that is my wishful thinking :D[/QUOTE]

Well mine too, but not holding my breath

Lower interest rate => Higher borrowing capacity
Lower interest rate = Higher return => Higher valuation
Lower interest rate => Movement from other investments to real estate

well that is my wishful thinking :D

I guess you could also add to the above Lower A$ and a surge of overseas investment as well

Back