Will men change after married ?

so true - us women just do what we want.

In the Cypriot culture (where I am from) there is a swear word, one word that basically means 'a man who's wife is cheating on him".

The entire culture identifies it as being the "man's fault"

Of course there's a word in the Cypriot language, there's one in the English and probably other languages too

cuckold

No, no, the more of your posts I read, the more I'm getting to know your style. So no, I didn't take the post seriously. Perhaps my post needed the :p smily thing at the end.

You must drive your mates crazy.
:p

This sounds like sensible practice :D

Drive them crazy is an understatement - when I walk into the room a flash of panic comes into their eyes and they immediately inject themselves with Valium straight in the jugular. I have no idea why.

Many women go for personality over looks

No matter how many times I hear this, it still makes me laugh.

Biggles: Serious question. When women say this, do they actually believe it? Or are they laughing on the inside as the words come out of their mouths? Because you do realise that there is not one single man in history who has ever believed, even for a second, any woman that has ever uttered that most epic of untruths, don't you?

Last edited:
I have actually been banned from several takeaway places because of my mass boredom and willingness to debate utterly stupid things in a very rational, articulate tone for reasons of my own amusement.

"Hi, I'd like to order a serve of chips please"
"ohkhay, that is $2.80"
"No worries, here you go"
...4 minutes later
"so, what's happening with those chips?"
"they are cooking"
"Ah. So, uh...how long have you been running the fish n chip shop?"
"Too long. 11 years"
"11 years? Wow, that's a long time!"
"Yes, very long"
"So...you have lots of experience cooking chips then?"
"Yes, yes, lots of experience" *laughs*
"So...if you're so experienced...why havn't you figured out a way to cook them faster? It's been 5 minutes 17 seconds, what kind of clown show is this?"
"The chips take this long to cook"
"Dude don't give me that. With 11 years experience I know that you have a secret formula for instachips. You're just taking this long to make your shop look busy aren't you?"
"No mister Ocean, we do-"
"DON'T TELL ME YOUR PROBLEMS JUST HURRY UP, CHOP CHOP EH!"
"Mr Ocean, there is no need to be-"
"DON'T GIVE ME THAT. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE LABOUR PAINS, I JUST WANT THE BABY, PRESS FAST FORWARD ON THIS THING ALREADY!"
"You very rude man Mr Ocean, very rude"
"*I'm* rude? YOU'RE the one using me as decoration for your shop when I could have been out of here ages ago! What a hypocrite! By the way the chips are burning what the hell dude, I thought you had experience"
"You #^&%# get the &*^#$ out of my $*#^# shop and don't you come back &*$*(#^#^#*!!! *heart attack*"
"Uh, dude, just one more thing"
"WHAT YO WANT?!?!"
"Got any lemon?"

Similar convo actually happened when I was a teenager. Still cracks me up :D That poor guy lol

LOL!! :D:D

THAT IS P.1.1.$.s FUNNY.

Well done, dude.

Lovely! I get home from a long day of standing on my feet, make a cup of tea, put my aching feet up and open this thread. Hmm.....my tea is now spluttered all over the screen, keyboard & desk after reading this:
This is too easy :D You know I'm greek, right?

....WINDEX lol :p

You know when I learned that diamonds are actually burned at some diamond mines in order to suppress supply and keep prices high, I lost all faith in them actually being worth anything. That feeling was further reenforced when one of my girlfriends had a job at a very large, well known jeweller (sorting out stock) and could purchase jewelry at an 80% discount. (seriously. 80%. I bought a few hundred dollars worth so that I had them to give away at christenings/christmas etc).

Complete waste of money. I'd rather buy the girl flowers or go on vacations. If the girl doesn't understand basic economics and the level of scamhood going on in the jewelry business, then she isn't the girl for me. I can't tolerate stupid people.

Except when they're ridiculously good looking. Then I may make an allowance or two...

...and take them to Pizza Hut instead of Maccas :D

Yea well gold is likewise a useless metal except in some mining services industries and dentistry which accounts for ~15% of global consumption use. Jewelllery accounst for ~60%, with India and China dominating of of this, and the remainder is held in reserves/unaccounted for.

Yet last I checked, it's some $1500/oz.

Diamonds and jewellery in general is bought by men to get women to sleep with them. It must work too, otherwise they would have found some other way to get it to happen. Yeah that's right, I said it.

Diamonds and jewellery in general is bought by men to get women to sleep with them. It must work too, otherwise they would have found some other way to get it to happen. Yeah that's right, I said it.

Heh, I slept with my husband long before he bought me any jewellery. Maybe I should have held out and gotten something pretty....

A picture of a chick in a bikini is not 'family friendly'? Seriously? You do realise that we live in Australia and ladies get around in bikinis all over the place, right Keith? Pauline Hanson.... okay fair enough, she's not friendly anything....

This is what I was talking about regarding this forum being over moderated.

Heh, I slept with my husband long before he bought me any jewellery. Maybe I should have held out and gotten something pretty....

Touche. SOME women might use jewellery as payment, but I think some of the men here don't know how different we women are and I don't actually know ANY woman that way inclined.

Biggles: Serious question. When women say this, do they actually believe it?

I believe it and mean it. I've turned down men in the past, that were physically very attractive, simply because I could tell within a few minutes I haven't liked their personality. I agree some women are as shallow as many men and only go on looks (and they deserve the a'holes they get, just as men who choose a woman this way who end up with golddiggers do), but speaking for myself, I look a lot deeper than that. Of course if you can get both (lucky me) then bonus. :)

And by the way, not all men become better as they get older so you might want to be careful there. You just might have an expiration date after all.

Back