Williams Landing, Laverton

Doncaster is already established area, so laying a rail line means destorying homes costing $1 million each. And Doncaster does have 'Park and Ride' which has plenty of direct public transport to city.

And what public transport does Tarneit and Wyndham have? And whats stopping the govt to lay a rail line in open lands.

Re Doncaster: Not true - there is no need to acquire lots of houses because the Eastern Freeway already has a train-line space built-in (as they anticipated a future train line).

Re Tarneit etc: I agree that a train line is urgently needed. But State Governments are the most horrible managers of money. I can guarantee you won't see anything of substance for the next 10 years, esp with Baillieu's mandate to cut costs

Wyndham Harbour is definitely progressing, I have purchased a block of land there. I checked last month and the first blocks of land should be titled in September.

Despite what the naysayers are saying Wyndham, Hoppers, Werribee, Laverton, and Point Cook are still going up in price.

Go you good thing!!:)

Wyndham Harbour is definitely progressing, I have purchased a block of land there. I checked last month and the first blocks of land should be titled in September.

Hi,

Still there is no definitive call on whether the RRL (Regional Rail line) would be canned or no. I think Mr Premier would rebrand the project and promote it in a way that shows it would be delivered with reduced costs.

Population in the Wyndham Council is growing rapidly and areas like Tarneit have seen 300% rise in population since 2001, so if the infrastructure is neglected for growing areas then I think this government would not be elected for the next term.

Game on......

Honestly I can't see why you would bother buying an 'investment property' in Tarneit and those other new places....Why would someone rent there? Isn't the whole purpose of renting to live in a place better place than you could if you had to buy? Makes no sense..

Well, I disagree... Many people who had bought in 2005 have almost doubled their money in 5 years..

Also families would want to rent especially if they can get a 3 bedder house for 300-330 p//w while they are saving for a deposit for their house, rather than staying in a unit for that price which would be closer to city...

It really comes down to your investment strategy (buy and hold, renos, subdivide, etc)..

Where do you live? where does your family live?

Honestly I can't see why you would bother buying an 'investment property' in Tarneit and those other new places....Why would someone rent there? Isn't the whole purpose of renting to live in a place better place than you could if you had to buy? Makes no sense..

I'm just curious? do you live and work in the western suburbs, does your extended family and friends live in the western suburbs?

I just had an epiphany... people rent there because it is affordable / you get more for your money... I know, it took me ages to ‘get it’ as well

selling in yarraville, after trustworthy agent

Hi, any advice on the best agent to sell probably the last development site in Yarraville Village. Its three Yarraville blocks, with shop and two two bedroom residences. would you sell by auction or tender? looking for an agent we can trust, thanks

Yes - I'm sure people love living out there because it's fun to get stabbed at night by random gangs for no reason. Where do I sign up?

Sorry, no xenophobes allowed

Fact. As soon as you cross the West Gate Bridge you will be shot. Best to stick close to CBD where it’s safe :rolleyes:

Yes - I'm sure people love living out there because it's fun to get stabbed at night by random gangs for no reason. Where do I sign up?

I dont think newer areas like Point Cook/Tarneit can compare at night up against St Albans which I keep on hearing is pretty feral.

I know quite a few ppl that like to rent in Point Cook to live in a new big house and where they *think* the city is closer only due to a 20min straight freeway during non-peak.. Peak would be hell though I imagine..

That's what happens when people of low socio-economic status congregate together. Like I asked before, why would you buy/live there baffles me if you are concerned about your own/your family's safety

Wunderbar? Is that you down there?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 112
I thought it was Frankston :D

LOL now now, let's not get started on that one! Although I would rather have single mums as my tenants than gang members who stab people. At least single mums have a guaranteed income from Centrelink - whereas gang members can get jailed and I lose my rental

Despite what the naysayers are saying Wyndham, Hoppers, Werribee, Laverton, and Point Cook are still going up in price.

Go you good thing!!:)

In 2009, you argued that those areas would far outperform areas me and another member (since banned) advocated (ie Kew, Hawthorn, Canterbury). Most of these threads got closed because, as Wunderman says, most people here don't invest in these areas and get all upset when people tell them these are the areas that they think will outperform.

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2011/01/22/284785_business-news.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...through-the-roof/story-e6frf7kx-1225992595269

But as expected, looks like I stand vindicated... you guys can say whatever you want and discredit the stats all you like. I have nothing to gain from arguing so if people are going to cry about it, feel free. In the meantime, I'm glad I invested in the fastest growing suburbs.

Back