with $260k-$300k which area in Brisbane would you recommend?

Hi Kevin

Thanks for your advice. Why do you say forget Deception Bay? I heard Scarborough is a great area...it does look good on google and is still very close to Brisbane.

Thanks Sam:)

Deception Bay is very lower socio, statistics show there is higher rate of problem tenants, property damage etc. Whether there is a correlation between the two I'll let you decide. It does have a stigma, similar to Inala and Zillmere. Whilst many will tell you they have achieved good returns and strong growth in these areas, growth has been excellent across all of SE Qld.

My concern with D Bay is when the market isn't so good. These areas will be the first to decline, in my opinion and experience. There is no rail access that areas like Kallangur and Strathpine offer and being that it is new, land sizes are smaller with many blocks of 400-450m2 or less. Narrow streets with traffic calming islands are plain bloody annoying to some people and a deterrant.

Property is cheaper, achieves slightly higher returns, there has been a lot of commercial and residential development in the area and it is still close to the Bay.

Peninsula properties tend to have larger land content, are surrounded by water giving it almost an island effect and offer homes in which value can be easily added. I believe the properties there are still undervalue and provide excellent opportunity for further growth.

Other areas I'd recommend are Deagon, Geebung, Banyo and if you can afford it Nundah and Northgate. Chermside has a lot of infrastructure growth and should also be carefully considered.

I understand everyone will have an opinion, some which may differ from me, these are just my opinions and thoughts.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

Back