Word Association

Hiya,

Last night I had dinner and caught up with a friend of mine from school. After the first glass of wine, the conversation turned from what we have been doing, to what we're going to do in the near future.

At this point, a lot of things are up in the air for me, and it's quite possible that a few big changes are just around the corner in the next year or so.

She seemed a little surprised at how calm I was about that, and how I was actually looking forward to it. One difference between her and I, is that when I think of change, I see it as oppurtunity.

So, I'm curious; what key word associations do you use?

Cheers

James.

lost versus referencing for future journeys

scenario: wish-ga driving in car
situation: finds herself taking what is ... *cough* not the most direct route, considered by some to be lost.

To me, this is not "lost".......... it is "referencing for future journeys" :D

Gee I have discovered some great shortcuts, spice shops and interesting things along the way!

"<insert market> correction" = "buying opportunity"
"imminent market collapse" = "buying opportunity"
"what shares should I buy" = "could be time ot exit market"
"tax accountant" = DGG and crew
"need more working capital" = Rolf S
"day job" = "chance to socialize"
"flavor enhancer" = MSG

Cheers,

The Y-man

for me, 'change' = 'adventure'

change of address = adventure!
change of job = adventure!
change of study = adventure!

other words are 'exciting', 'challenge', and yes, 'opportunity'. but mostly 'adventure'.

even change that you don't seek, like losing your job (thankfully hasn't happened, but then i've been working for myself for a few years) i reckon i would respond to by going 'adventure!'. like 'how am i gonna pay the bills? i dunno! maybe they'll get cut off and i'll have to live by candle light and feed on wild animals! hahaha! adventure!'. that's what you call faith and resilience, man! and i got it by the ton :)

some 'changes' i wouldn't put into the adventure category: divorce, death. i'd get through either of those fine in the end (provided the death wasn't my own) but the process wouldn't be half so exciting. <looks for 'touch wood' smiley>

Back