world wide financial crash will it make property cheaper

what else will it do ?

up interests rates?

when i bought 2o years ago rates were so high 17% and property prices were rock bottom and i was able to buy somehow, in a great area and we survived maybe by stupidity, as we didnt know so much about property then

what will world wide financial crash mean this time practically and will it again be easier to buy lower priced property

and if we buy before then will we regreat?

what else will it do ?

up interests rates?

when i bought 2o years ago rates were so high 17% and property prices were rock bottom and i was able to buy somehow, in a great area and we survived maybe by stupidity, as we didnt know so much about property then

what will world wide financial crash mean this time practically and will it again be easier to buy lower priced property

If you think prices for the properties YOU WANT will drop then wait. If not, buy now.

I don't think prices for the properties I own will drop much, certainly not to the level of the purchase price.

The problem is there's opinions & stats to match just about any scenario so throwing a dart's probably as good a strategy as any .
But according to the news and clips everyday we're powering along,nothing to worry about round here, and don't forget we are the miracle economy after all and then, we're so much smarter than everyone else too so just throw a couple of bucks at it and we're done !
I owned a place during the 17% days but that was nothing like now . Things were still much easier then even at those rates . My place was so cheap I hardley noticed them to be honest .
But they'd be impossible now with our prices , they'd send the whole country into solvency , they know that .
In reality they couldn't even afford to go10% really, even at that it'd still be physically impossible for 1/2 the country to pay their mortgages , they know all that too. Personally I think it's impossible for us to see those rates again for yrs and yrs now no matter who's running the show .
I reckon rates could even go down again if anything, maybe next yr once all the stimulus stuff has worked through the economy and out the other side.They might go up a few more 1/4s first but in the end they'll have to lower them again to stimulate things if we slow .
One things forsure , if the rest of the worlds problems do hit us prices won't be going up that's forsure .
I'm even wondering lately if I should even be working so hard right now to build a portfolio at all . Maybe doing nothing for a couple of yrs would get me further . And even though I've never paid anywhere near market , who knows what might be on the table in say two yrs time for a song.
Maybe all my hardwork now won't even compare to what I could get then .

Maybe maybe's , if only we knew . I do know one thing though , personally I wouldn't pay anywhere near so called market right now myself .

Just an opinion.
Cheers

I think they would go cheaper for sure. Problem is few people would get finance and few would have enough confidence in their employment to buy anyway. As usual the cashed up wealthy will do the best out of it not the lower paid as you would want.

The relative value of all assets will change and if you think of money as just another asset choice, property may get cheaper measured in dollars but cheaper still measured in gold.

I suspect it will but who knows?

Second edit. Hope I got it right this time. :D

Is the crash coming? It appears the only thing holding the whole thing together is a constant stream of bailouts and stimulus.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/12/AR2010061204152.html

What will be the trigger that has investors mass-selling around the globe and how long do we have left?

Is Australia really well-placed to avoid a financial tsunami? Is there really a supply shortage? Just how indebted are people's finances?

I don't know, but with each passing month there are darker and darker clouds over the horizon. At the end of the day, I don't see a crash but a correction in Oz from external factors...how much is unknown to anyone.

i guess i'm asking as a relative wants to enter the market and i wonder if it could get tougher for him to make replayments as another relative will probably go as guarantor or somehow help him enter the market and i dont want them both to crash.

I also have a close friend who has alot of blue chip type stocks and wonder if he should be selling them and getting gold instead.

Francince, you seem very interested n helping others with their affairs. Do you have the luxury of spending enough time on your own affairs ?!

depending on the underlying quality of the bluechip, they could still be a very releveant investment for the current times.

Research nifty 50, then look at what made the nifty 50 so popular, what was the story behind the nifty 50 to allow purchase at 'any price'.

Now fast forward 40 years, and could we be seeing a period of 'inverse nifty 50', ie its now time for the nifty 50 to outperform?????

who knows i dont have the answer,
but the logic (story) behind the nifty 50 is relevant now, without the associated price tag.

what else will it do ?

up interests rates?

Hang on are we investing or are we speculating (trading).

The answer to this question is very simple, but first you have to determine whether you are an investor or a speculator (trader).

I also have a close friend who has alot of blue chip type stocks and wonder if he should be selling them and getting gold instead.
IMO Gold will perform better than most blue chip stocks over the short to medium term, that said there are some blue chip gold stocks (best of both worlds? :D). Though if someone is "wondering" where to park their money then sounds like they would be better off sticking with cash! I don't think anyone should be investing without a strong reason for their choices...

I'm expecting the big miners to dump over the next few mths with all this tax stuff going on . I was hoping I might be cashed up enough at the time to buy up if they did .
Having second thoughts now though b/c if China slowed in the meantime it could be a long hall along with everything else that's going on .

Any thoughts ?

Cheers

I'm expecting the big miners to dump over the next few mths with all this tax stuff going on . I was hoping I might be cashed up enough at the time to buy up if they did .
Having second thoughts now though b/c if China slowed in the meantime it could be a long hall along with everything else that's going on .

Any thoughts ?

Cheers
From what i read from some high end investment soap box speakers they think we are about to go into a eleven year investment cycle
Bhp will still be in business in one way or another in ten years time the only difference will be the price and how much control the company has in a fastly changing world,China is only one market that is out there you only have to read the changes in some euro based countries over the past 3 weeks the way items may--will span out to all markets,but one thing is for sure money is going to become very costly..willair..imho..

Thanks Willair.

After posting I actually thought to myself what a stupid question right now , it may as well have been how long is a piece of string ?
I probably should have deleted but thanks never the less.

Cheers

Back