Wrap Kit required

I have decided to purchase the Wrap Kit but when I went to order it a few days ago (from Steve McKnight's website) I was told it has completely sold out.

Does anyone have one that they would like to sell? It would need to be the original and not a copy (to avoid any copyright issues). If you live in Sydney all the better (for payment).

Please send me a private message if you can help.

Thanks.

Tony

Hi Geoff,

Do you think wraps are not viable in the current market? I ask this in all sincerity as I have not done a wrap before and would be interested to know of anything that would make wrapping unviable.

I have read a few comments about about the growth in 100% loans making wrapping unviable but I do not agree with the assessment. Many buyers simply do not qualify for 100% loans and many 100% loans have high fees associated with them.

If there are other factors influencing the viability of wrapping I'd very be interested to know so that I can investigate further.

Thanks.

Tony

apart from the DIY wrap kits, are there other ways for a beginner to put a wrap/vendor-finance deal together? are there consultant services for this sort of thing?

Hi All

Karen and I had our first wrapees move in in March 2004. We have now completed 13 vendor finance projects and have loved every minute of the ride ;-) It's been a great learning curve and we must admit that both Rick's Wrap Pack and Steve's Wrap Kit have been a great help.

By sticking with it, we're now in a situation that investors are coming to us wanting to do "turn key" joint ventures and vendor financing training joint ventures with us. A situation we would have thought of as almost unbelievable back in 2004 :)

To give you an idea of what's possible in a couple of years, here's what we're up to at the moment:
1. Just exchanged on a wrap training JV which we are just begining to market
2. Getting finance for a new wrap training JV partner for a property we already have wrapees for.
3. Just coming up to "possession day" for some new wrapees as a result of a negative2positive training JV we're doing with a couple who want to get out from under their negatively geared IP and learn wrapping at the same time.
4. Marketing a training negative2positive JV property for a couple in a similar situation.

We bought our first wrap property towards the end of 2003 so we've now experienced wrapping in quite a variety of market conditions. For us, there are advantages and disadvantages in wrapping in both hot and slow/declining markets.

As MichaelG and Yuch are prominent members of the Vendor Finance (Wraps) Association of Australia, I'd also suggest you ask their opinion. I'm sure you'll hear from them that there are some strick guidelines you have to abide by as Wrappers. This is because Wrappers, i.e. persons who on sell property via an Instalment Sales Contract, are regarded as suppliers of credit and therefore have to abide by the Uniform Consumer Credit Code.

It's not a perfect investment proposition but what is? For us, it's a medium term cashflow business that supplies money for real wealth creation, i.e. accumulating equity in property :)

Good luck.

Cheers, Paul

If you want my honest opinion on a wrap kit i would save your money.

There are many people on the forum who have substantial experience in Instalment Contracts and LTO who provide their information for free.

If you want a good operator in NSW you can't go past Paul & Karen Dobson (Lofty).

As to whether Wraps are still viable then all i would say is see the amount of response from people wanting to get into their own home who do not qualify for traditional finance whether it be 100% finance or not and you have answer.

Back