Yanchep

What is the rental market up that way like? Anyone tried to find a tennant one of your houses yet?

I've been looking in Quinns, not quite as far up the coast, sh!tloads for sale at the moment but not a great deal in "old quinns" which is where I'm looking.

I don't know much about the rental market, assume it's mostly driven by families building in the area?

What is the rental market up that way like? Anyone tried to find a tennant one of your houses yet?

I've been looking in Quinns, not quite as far up the coast, sh!tloads for sale at the moment but not a great deal in "old quinns" which is where I'm looking.

I don't know much about the rental market, assume it's mostly driven by families building in the area?

We build in stage 1 Hardford Grove and one of the new houses were up for rent at $380 per week. Was only listed for about 3 weeks and is now rented out.

Well if what my painter in WA has just told me is correct it seems the boom is still happening in Yanchep at least! He said that the 60 blocks offered for sale were camped out for last weekend and sold out on the day!

Does that sound right to you Ausprop? Did you pick anything up in the end?

He has just painted my home by Celebration and commented that it was a pleasure to paint such a quality home so that sounds like kudos for Celebration if anyone is after a builder!

Sparky

Two Rocks

Seeing everyone is talking about Yanchep does anyone know about the potential around up there. It seems the Marmion Ave extensive, Mitchell Freeway, Yanchep train station.. could be a while away. I've heard a bit about the sale of land in Eglinton and Alkimos linking up Yanchep and Jindalee. I don't know much about property and if this is a postive or negative.

I bought a small 400m2 block in the Reef Estate Two Rocks early this year. A few of my friends own blocks in the estate, we often play golf up there, surf at the Spot or drop into the pub at the Marina on the way up to Lancelin and Kalbarri so thought why not. I could never afford a house from Floreat to Hillarys anyway, even if Two Rocks is 55kms north!

The only problem is it requires a two storey house, with balconies addressing the ocean and the park across the road, oh and there could be unexploded bombs :) I'm in early 20's, living at home with parents, and on a single income so can't afford to build a $250k+ house. If I did build it would be more like 3-5 years away.

My parents have 3 investment properties and are thinking about retiring in a few years and would like to build on my block and live up there. They like the golf course up there, the laid back lifestyle and that they can walk 400m to the beach.

Apparently there is a plan for the park across the road to have to boardwalk over Two Rocks Rd and onto the beach. Whether this ever happens.. last time I was there was 6mths ago it seemed all a bit quiet up there and the park was still dirt.. I just got back from a few months overseas so haven't had the chance to get up there yet.

Well if what my painter in WA has just told me is correct it seems the boom is still happening in Yanchep at least! He said that the 60 blocks offered for sale were camped out for last weekend and sold out on the day!

Does that sound right to you Ausprop? Did you pick anything up in the end?

He has just painted my home by Celebration and commented that it was a pleasure to paint such a quality home so that sounds like kudos for Celebration if anyone is after a builder!

Sparky

I am not sure as I am too committed at present to take on another. sure sounds promising tho.

Red Baron - the marmion ave extension will be finished by Jun 08. Agree that the freeway and train will take some time knowing our tight fisted state govt (Marmion ave was paid for by the developer)

I am not sure as I am too committed at present to take on another. sure sounds promising tho.

Red Baron - the marmion ave extension will be finished by Jun 08. Agree that the freeway and train will take some time knowing our tight fisted state govt (Marmion ave was paid for by the developer)

Marmion ave was paid for by the developer.. that sounds about right.

The State Govt are too busy stuffing up and delaying the Mandurah Rail line. Going by how long that has taken I might have to start laying to the tracks up to Yanchep myself.

No sure, Ausprop. I live in Quinns. It took more than a year to extend about 800m to Butler. I wander how long will it take to get Two Rocks. I belive they are more interested in the development in Alkimos rather than Yanchep.

coinidentally I just got back from there. i went to go to the village shops and saw the earthworks etc that have been / are being done so I think it must be getting close. The main diff is the developer has paid for it rather than the govt

Telstra "Smart" Community

Is this as much of a crock/con as it seems. Seems like a convienient method to give you a choice of 1 provider on various fronts as far as I can see?

Are we supposed to have provisioned during contruction..??

Just heard that a 3 x 2 sold on Saturday for $520,000 after only 3 days on the market - it was in Lady Lindsay Cove. All good!

Sparky

Is this as much of a crock/con as it seems. Seems like a convienient method to give you a choice of 1 provider on various fronts as far as I can see?

Are we supposed to have provisioned during contruction..??

interesting take on it... personally I couldn't believe the generosity of the deal. $1500 for nicks, I can't see what the prob is. Unfortunatley I won't be there to take advantage of it, but the new owners will be. asked the Telstr guy if it applies to the normal connection fee and he said yeh it would just be on the account.

must say the developers up there are exceptional - nothing has been too much trouble. even when western power or whover they are called these days stuffed up and couldn't provide power when i started my build, the developer stumped up a cheque without argument in 48 hours to cover the cost of genset hire.

Spoke to Telstra last week and was told the line would not be ready until end of Feb 2008.
Informed us we would be provided with a mobile soulution until then.

interesting take on it... personally I couldn't believe the generosity of the deal. $1500 for nicks, I can't see what the prob is. Unfortunatley I won't be there to take advantage of it, but the new owners will be. asked the Telstr guy if it applies to the normal connection fee and he said yeh it would just be on the account.

must say the developers up there are exceptional - nothing has been too much trouble. even when western power or whover they are called these days stuffed up and couldn't provide power when i started my build, the developer stumped up a cheque without argument in 48 hours to cover the cost of genset hire.

Oops, must have had my grumpy pants on that day ;)

I got the call from the Telstra guy last week and couldnt help thinking we were having a conversation that should have taken place before the building started. The other thing is basically the credit can only be applied to their product. It seemed like you're locked into Telstra for phone/broadband/etc because theirs is the only infrastructure in place. I was also a bit baffled how this would apply if you were to sell/rent.

On another subject, a couple of you folks seem very experienced in the new build sell/rent games so was wondering if you could offer some advice.

Would you vary floor coverings based on whether you would sell/rent?

What do you recommend in regard to A/C

Are any of you holding on to properties up there?

Of course you don't have to answer but I'd appreciated the advice/opinions

Cheers,

Hi Bruce

Sadly I have put mine on the market through necessity as I need the cash to help out with a couple of duplexes over here on the east coast. It was a last resort as my gut feeling says this time next year there could be another $50,000 - $100,000 increase. I might try for another block in the next release and get back in, hopefully there will be another long settlement and the time frame will work.

I got the telstra phone call today, I nearly didn't as she was an Indian lady and as these are usually the pesky telesales calls I normally hang up!

Apparently if I sell the new buyers are also entitled to receive the offer so it does get passed on apparently.

Sparky

HI Bruce

Sorry I forgot to say that I favour carpet for lounge and bedrooms (and stairs if there are any) and tiles everywhere else. For upmarket I prefer timber floors, these are for executive townhouses aimed at dinks, tiles are better if there is likely to be a family with small children scraping their toys around the floor.

Sparky

HI Bruce

Sorry I forgot to say that I favour carpet for lounge and bedrooms (and stairs if there are any) and tiles everywhere else. For upmarket I prefer timber floors, these are for executive townhouses aimed at dinks, tiles are better if there is likely to be a family with small children scraping their toys around the floor.

Sparky

HI Sparky,

I was thinking along similar lines. If I were to sell I'd probably put timber down in the main living areas. If I were to rent I'd tile. Agree that Lounge (in this case probably theatre/front room) would be carpet along with the Beds and tile everywhere else (high traffic areas).

PS. Is 'your' painter exclusive :D

Hi Bruce

Happy to recommend him even though I haven't personally seen his handiwork being interstate! However he turned up at very short notice after we were let down by the painter Celebration Homes recommended and the real estate agent is happy with his work. He charged $4,500 but if you can get the painting done BEFORE carpets and floorcoverings go down you might do better! (Celebration wouldn't let us - I reckon that sucks when they won't include the painting in their price)

Actually whilst I am having a little beef I was also not impressed that in our contract they allowed $5,500 for back yard landscaping (front being included by the developer) and the back yard is handkerchief sized - this did not include the paving as that was another $3,500! I tried to argue the case at the time when we did colours but was told, thats ok we can do a variation if we need to - which of course you can't as you have signed the contract and agreed to it after that! So another lesson learned and for future reference for anyone using celebration it might be better to get your own back yard quote! I know its a drop in the ocean considering how far ahead we are with that property but nevertheless not impressed!

Meanwhile let me know if you would like the painters details so that you can get a quote.

Sparky

We are in the progress to have the landscaping done at the front of the house as is part of the package when buying the block. Has anyone come across having to pay approx $300 to the bobcat operator to level and remove sand in preparation for landscaping?

I would have thought this part would be included in the landscape package.

Regards,
PC

I copped the sand problem... the soakwell guy generated a heap of sand, which i then had to pay a guy $500 to barrow around the front, then had to pay a bobcat guy $600 to take away to truck loads of sand.

also i agree the painting thing sucks... it has taken me over 3 months and umpteen trips up there to complete finishings on this place. Despite promises from the builder of savings I will never build again and take on all these finishing trades myself. also my painter has managed to spatter quite a bit and i will have to scrub and scrape for a while longer yet.

Back