Yanchep

Hi Timbre

I have my concerns about Coleen - is this the person you have been dealing with?

When we went to look at the block initially it was as flat as a tack before building commenced. However it has taken ages for me to get anywhere as she told me first of all that I needed some retaining walls which would be best made from rock to match the limestone, then we had the saga of acquiring some, then the man meant to be doing it went to Europe for a month and now apparently it is far too steep for any turf (doesn't look like that on the pics I have) at all so we are having rocks and plants, not sure how we went from a flat block to goat country. The bobcat man from Black and Gold landscaping has already sent the bill for $825 and was meant to have done it last week but hadn't and now it is meant to be this week.

Having heard from you it looks as though there may be some scamming going on. I have no intention of paying the bill until consulting with Rod at Capricorn AFTER the job is done as I don't want to cause any more delays. If you and any others have come across this same problem please tell me as it may need reporting - free landscaping should be free in my opinion.

In fact Ausprop - if you are passing would you mind having a look for me it is lot 595 (117) Lindsay Beach Boulevard. Pics might be handy. Thanks!

Sparky

I spoke to the developer today and asked the question to why I would have to pay to have the sand removed as this should surly be part of the landscaping process.

Was told they would call me back once consultation has taken place with the landscaper contractor.

Also nobody can give us a breakdown of the $9000 package.

Looks to me like one contactor is feeding of another contractors good fortune

If Ausprob can not make it Sparky I will be out there next Wednesday

Hi Timbre

Thanks for that, I should have thought to ask before as once it is done it will be more difficult to see how it was beforehand!

If anyone else has concerns it would be good if they could also post on here!

I find it odd that the estates are finished off with retaining walls provided and flat blocks but then this changes so drastically!

Sparky

Ahhh, the joys of finishing off a build. It is the most frustrating and what appears to be most costly exercise but at the end, the final value is worth the grief, though it doesn't appear so at the time. A bit of a shame the party stopped in WA as I've made some great tradie contacts who were surprisingly reliable, even in a boom!

Good luck guys, don't forget the potter shed before the landscaping!

Sparky i grapped a photo of your front landscaping today - is on my phone will see if I can figure how to get it off. you went for similar set up to me, however i didnt worry with the limestone rocks. looks good tho.

keep us posted if the developers pay for the bobcat... may hit em up for it myself

Hi Ausprop

That would be be great if you could send the pic for me. In your opinion though did the block actually need to be retained or could they have just whacked down a bit of turf and a garden bed?

Sparky

hmm... the slope is only a little more than my block and I didn't, but I think I was pushing it.

Q's: How much did the retaining cost? who did your paving? what did you do out the back?

I am not sure how you managed to pull this off remotely as I have had to spend days up there, not to mention the time I have spent cleaing after all these guys have wnadred in and out. e.g. who did your cleaning after the painters and everyone had been thru?

Hi Ausprop

Well the back landscaping was included in the Celebrations package much though I grumbled about the price! They recommended a painter who quoted then never turned up but my real estate organised another painter who did turn up. No mention of any mess and the internal pics looked clean so builders and painter must have kept it tidy. The biggest headache has been the developers front landscaping which I thought would never happen. As the developers didn't have to pay for our right hand and back fences due to the height of the retaining walls which have created nice limestone fences I might see if they will pick up the bill for the rock - $825 is the bill for that, they also haven't had to pay for front turf so I will give it a shot. Of course they still had to supply the fences for the houses next door and at the back but technically I don't need them!

Sparky

Quick question if you guys don't mind...am I right in gathering what you guys are doing are building to a certain stage and then getting your own contractors in to finish to save money? If so how much do you reckon this saves you overall?
Cheers

Not in my case I only had to get in the painter because Celebration homes don't include interior painting which is annoying. When I built with Gemmill they included absolutely everything so nothing at all to stress about. When you can do this for around $200,000 to absolute turnkey on a decent sized house (230sqm) it makes sense especially working from interstate!

Sparky

Not in my case I only had to get in the painter because Celebration homes don't include interior painting which is annoying. When I built with Gemmill they included absolutely everything so nothing at all to stress about. When you can do this for around $200,000 to absolute turnkey on a decent sized house (230sqm) it makes sense especially working from interstate!

Sparky

You know i think celebs do it but they don;t like to. for me they wouldnt even do carpets, blinds, rear landscape - interesting that you managed to get this done sparky. Sorry havent sent you the pic - i think i need to run a bunch of software to make it happen

We also o build with Gemmill in Yanchep and have our opinions on this experience. We are currently looking for a new builder to build the next 2 in the same area and have narrowed it down to Dale Alcock Homes using their Turnkey investment process.

Any recommendations for a good builder would be greatly appreciated.

Many regards,
PC

Hi PCI

What kind of probs did you experience with Gemmill? I had none at all with the 2 we did at Rockingham. I find it odd that it seems easier to work with these builders from interstate - you would think it would be the other way round!

We also o build with Gemmill in Yanchep and have our opinions on this experience. We are currently looking for a new builder to build the next 2 in the same area and have narrowed it down to Dale Alcock Homes using their Turnkey investment process.

Any recommendations for a good builder would be greatly appreciated.

Many regards,
PC

PC,

I am currently building with Dale Alcock in Yanchep. After having built our PPOR with WBN last year I was quite amazed at the levdl of service/customer contact I get from DA. I will use them again should the need arise and would definitely recommend them.

am doing a unit devy with DA - a bit disappointing. Their prices are way over the top (such that the job is barely profitable) and am not overly impressed with their administrative processes. Seems very slow and bureaucratic. Their new display centre in Ozzy Park is sensational tho!

Hi PCI

What kind of probs did you experience with Gemmill? I had none at all with the 2 we did at Rockingham. I find it odd that it seems easier to work with these builders from interstate - you would think it would be the other way round!
Because you donot inspect the houses that often and you probably accept whatever they build.

Ausprop, Celebs are doing the carpets for me and gave me a costing on blinds and tiles, but I decided to get my own tiler, blinds and electrical. Haven't been up there for a while.....yours must be lookin good!

sq

Hi Analyst

When we went over to check the Gemmill homes once they were finished we were very happy with them. With Celebration we only had the display home to go by but comments were made by a couple of people that went through on the open day by people who were impressed. Interestingly though I have had my share of dramas over here with builders.

Sparky

Back