Your thoughts on the Budget?

Actually, call me a snob (infact I'll wear the tag proudly) but I don't mind money going to babies who have hardworking parents who will more than pay back their baby bonus throughout many years of paying tax. These babies will probably be raised with a strong work-ethic and will become productive, decent members of Australian society. It's just that 'scummy, dole-bludging, uneducated, drug taking, tattoo-purchasing, hoodie-wearing, foul mouthed, filthy, bogan totally void of any skills or qualifications other than to be adept in the art of playing X-Box, drinking and anti-social behaviour' that I object to, not only breeding, but paying them to do so.

Less productive elements? Like property investors? :D

Sorry to butt in, but I just thought this particularly witty but altogether overlooked gem deserved repeating for the benefit of you all. :cool:

Procreation is a God-given right, and so, it should be socially sponsored.

Aren't you all just ashamed of yourselves for not realising that without help from Cupcakes?

'scummy, dole-bludging, uneducated, drug taking, tattoo-purchasing, hoodie-wearing, foul mouthed, filthy, bogan totally void of any skills or qualifications other than to be adept in the art of playing X-Box, drinking and anti-social behaviour'

Hey, I resemble that remark! Except for playing X-Box (I don't own one of those).

I suspect in all budgets, anyone can pinpoint or critique some initiatives that are not popular or ill-conceived.

I personally don't have any strong opinion on this measure however similar to the FHB grants and stamp duty concessions, how do you know the extra money being given to the recipients won't feed into higher priced uniforms?

Cause they won't TELL the uniform makers.

Labor's not dumb you know.

Well, if you can't do the simple calculations to work out that you would be, then I'm not suprised that you likely vote for Labor. On $45K the single person pays $8K tax, and gets no government handouts. The single parent gets a crap load of government handout to help.

Keep voting Labor in your ignorant bliss.

Then just have a kid and problem solved !

Less productive elements? Like property investors? :D

We produce a rental market within which a myriad types of renters can choose a myriad of different types of properties.

One tiny example; the amount of teenagers/twenty sonethings kids who leave their Mum's nest and go straight into a property that they have just bought themselves is very, very small.

And, times this element of renter by every single city/town in every State of Aus, every week of every year.

Yep; we are the scurge of the planet, us property investors....greedy b@stards.

How dare we try to get ahead and not be a burden on the economy and a loser.

I also recall that it was Howard's Govt who introduced the 'Baby Bonus' and the FHG. It seems that welfare handouts are popular with both the major parties.

I think that the howard govt were far more entitled to dish out handouts, due to the large surpluses they ran each year. Contrast that with the financial mega disaster that is the rudd/gillard govts. Our fed govt will put another 50 billion (thats $50,000,000,000.00 folks) onto the national credit card again this year. How the **** can they even sleep at night, let alone contemplate more handouts? Our kids will pay very dearly for this.

We produce a rental market within which a myriad types of renters can choose a myriad of different types of properties.

One tiny example; the amount of teenagers/twenty sonethings kids who leave their Mum's nest and go straight into a property that they have just bought themselves is very, very small.

And, times this element of renter by every single city/town in every State of Aus, every week of every year.

Yep; we are the scurge of the planet, us property investors....greedy b@stards.

How dare we try to get ahead and not be a burden on the economy and a loser.

How dare they got off their bums to do something other than just waiting for the standard old age pension. At $35 billion the welfare old age pension is just the largest item in the budget now and why can't it be just allowed to balloon until we reach debt status land like other developed nations? Take the NG off these rich PIs and let them wear the interest rate increases until they are profitable many years later to use the losses - serves them right for having a try at making a life different from the standard 9 to 5 wage earner.

Actually, call me a snob (infact I'll wear the tag proudly) but I don't mind money going to babies who have hardworking parents who will more than pay back their baby bonus throughout many years of paying tax. These babies will probably be raised with a strong work-ethic and will become productive, decent members of Australian society. It's just that 'scummy, dole-bludging, uneducated, drug taking, tattoo-purchasing, hoodie-wearing, foul mouthed, filthy, bogan totally void of any skills or qualifications other than to be adept in the art of playing X-Box, drinking and anti-social behaviour' that I object to, not only breeding, but paying them to do so.

My god; I've been reborn into someone else's body!!! :D:D:D

Love it.

And don't forget - more likely to commit crimes, more likely to be murderers and assaults, more likely to be sick and/or obese, more likely to have car accidents...and so on.

(someone will chime in about white collar criminals now ;))

Last edited:

Is this too long to make into my sig?

I couldn't have put it better myself. I've held my tongue on this issue but it's good to see other see it the same way as I do.

I am so sick of this free money mentality we have got in society now. It hasn't change since I can remember (i'm in my 20s). I have no issue giving my hard earned tax money to those that really need it.

Someone who is able to work but chooses not to because they can still survive (and live better than the rest of the world) makes my blood boil. The sick, the elderly, children, education etc I am happy to contribute to but these bums... these bums... grrrr

"Dole cheque pay day... lets get more art work on my sleeve". :mad::mad: *******s!! It's too easy for those undeseving to get access to this money. Government almost promotes this type of behaviour.

"Dole cheque pay day... lets get more art work on my sleeve". :mad::mad: *******s!! It's too easy for those undeseving to get access to this money. Government almost promotes this type of behaviour.
If only, it were just artwork that would be great but sadly it's more than artwork they are (shooting up) their sleeves!!! :( I see it all too often, and I always walk away asking myself the same questions....

So it's ok to waste money in good times? How about investing for the future??

Um, they did?

As for the babies thing, I'd rather see new mums get a large tax deduction that can be shared between themself and the bub's father (eg $25000 deduction). Such a benefit would be huge for higher earners, and worth exactly nothing to welfare recipients.

I'd rather see new mums get a large tax deduction that can be shared between themself and the bub's father (eg $25000 deduction). Such a benefit would be huge for higher earners, and worth exactly nothing to welfare recipients.

Exactly!
Also give tax break for the child care so that mums/dads go back to work.
Is there anything wrong with simple and less complecated method?

We put Miss 3 in daycare for an afternoon a week so we could get some uninterrupted time to actually do work. Fine, sure, $30 for an afternoon.

Turns out that with one of us on the pension, after the rebates that actually comes to about $4.50. And you wonder why people on pensions put their kids in care as long as they can get the place for. Why isn't it a tax deduction? Why is ANY of this kid stuff not a tax deduction?

So it's ok to waste money in good times? How about investing for the future??
Labor has done the same every other time,i don't see why this time will be any different,Gillard told a few sidewinders about the Carbon Tax,
prior to the last election but no one seems worry about the past..

Turns out that with one of us on the pension, after the rebates that actually comes to about $4.50. And you wonder why people on pensions put their kids in care as long as they can get the place for. Why isn't it a tax deduction? Why is ANY of this kid stuff not a tax deduction?

When I had my second in childcare I had to book and pay for 3 days a week when I only needed 4 to 5 days a fortnight. This was because I couldn't give them 'more' than 2 weeks notice (I could give 2 weeks) for some of the days, and they didn't want to reorganize the non working mothers.

I knew a couple of these mums and their days were regular so I knew the worker didn't get preference over the non working mum. Gave me the absolute s***s that they didn't take what days were vacant a week or two before, especially as I knew they were paying only a fraction of what I and others were paying.

Back