18 yr old guy, 14 yr old girl

Ok,
Some people i know who are in my sporting club, an 18 yr old guy is dating a 14 yr old girl.

Now when i was 18 i know what i wanted !!!

Parents dont seem to mind either - are they serious ? Is it because hes a star at the sport they all play and represented victoria or what?

What are your thoughts?

BTW - the girl seems a normal 14 yr old girl, shes got a 14 yr old maturity as well and body.

It's very common. At least he's 18 and not older.

I was 17 when I first met James, 18 when we started dating so not jail bait but there's 6 years between us.

I had a lot of friends with boyfriends in their 20's whilst in my younger teens, and yes all those guys want is some "fun" but most of the girls do too.

I don't agree with it, but it's hard to control a 14 year old girl (ask my parents!), I think a lot depends on the guy as well.

It's very common. At least he's 18 and not older.

I was 17 when I first met James, 18 when we started dating so not jail bait but there's 6 years between us.

I had a lot of friends with boyfriends in their 20's whilst in my younger teens, and yes all those guys want is some "fun" but most of the girls do too.

I don't agree with it, but it's hard to control a 14 year old girl (ask my parents!), I think a lot depends on the guy as well.

I dont see an issue with this age gap, as you were >16 and nearly an adult.
but 14 i believe is just way to young

Unless maths fails me, 17 and 18 isnt 6 years age gap? :)

At 14 and 18 its a case of the guy knows exactly what he wants, and the girls parents are usually in protection mode to stop what an 18yo guy wants from happening :)

I have an 18yo son, not a chance in hell I would let him bring home a 14yo girlfriend.

I wouldn't like to have stopped my daughters from anything in relation to boyfriends. I can, and have, expressed approval, but if I tried to stop them doing anything they would just do the same things away somewhere else in private.

I can, and have, expressed approval, but if I tried to stop them doing anything they would just do the same things away somewhere else in private.

Exactly what I meant by controlling a 14 year old girl..

In this case the parents aren't concerned, I wonder why? But stopping them of banning them from seeing each other won't work, it'll just make them more determined.

Also, what 18 year old boys want isn't different to what 14-16 year old boys want..

Dave, should've said I was 18 James 24 when we started dating :p

Unless maths fails me, 17 and 18 isnt 6 years age gap? :)

She was 17 when they first met (he was 23). When they started dating, she had turned 18 (whilst he turned 24). She only refered to her own age. :cool:

BTW, I was 5 when I met my wife, and she was 4. We didnt start dating until we were 17 and 16 respectively ;)

pinkboy

I wouldn't like to have stopped my daughters from anything in relation to boyfriends. I can, and have, expressed approval, but if I tried to stop them doing anything they would just do the same things away somewhere else in private.

So because you assume she would go behind your back and see the boyfriend, you wouldn't try to stop her at 14 :eek:.

Most 14yo girls I know would not be having sex with 18yo boys because parental supervision and guidance has been good.

When this does happen word gets around, and my experience is most people think it's unacceptable - this includes the older boys.

400px-pedobearbusted.jpg

Call the cops or Department of Children's Services.

A 14 y.o. is not old enough to make these decisions if it is more than platonic.

BTW - the girl seems a normal 14 yr old girl, shes got a 14 yr old maturity as well and body.

My 14yo son brought a 14yo girl home for dinner recently.

Just happened the mum and i knew each other from way back.

We got talking on the front porch after the girl went in, and she told me her daughter was highly anxious because she didn't know what veggies I'd serve up and didn't want to offend me by saying she didn't like certain ones :confused:. CHILDLIKE... CHECK!

Anyway turned out her favorite food was Mi Goreng so son cooked this for both of them - we had BBQ and salad. CHILDLIKE... CHECK!

They played PS3 then watched her fav childhood movie 'Finding Nemo' which she had apparently watched many times over, before mum returned to pick her up. CHILDLIKE... CHECK!

This girl has gone through puberty, is around 160cm, and gorgeous looking BUT she is still a 14yo CHILD... CHECK :D!

Back