2770 going crazy

last year I used to find plenty of appartments in st marys for $179,000 - $190,000 *listed price*, withouth any negociation. Can't anything find below $200k these days!

Depends if you class the M4 as a freeway or a 3 lane multi vehicle car park.

Carpark or not, it's about the only FREEway left in Sydney, well for now anyhow :eek:

BTW, I like 2770 too, lots of opportunity out there, some for the brave and some for the starter. It's where I started back in 1994 for $73K. That makes me feel really old...

Prices in 2770 are stupid

I am confused

Law of supply and demand. These are the prices because people are willing to pay.

Don't fight it. It's bigger than both of us. Let the trend be your friend LOL

Gawd, look at 2770 go!

It would seem that the ship has well and truly sailed in 2770? Are you all generally of the opinion that the opportunites have been had or is there still a ways to go/money to be made from this current boom?

Thoughts anyone? :)

In my opinion, it looks like 2770 is playing catch up with other suburbs.

I think and I hope there is more fuel in the tank.

Another interest rate cut is on the cards and this may push house prices higher.

To be honest, I'd be too scared to buy another property now, on the hope of a quick capital gain. But as a long term investment (say 5 - 10 years), no fear. Much less fear than redbacks lol

It would seem that the ship has well and truly sailed in 2770? Are you all generally of the opinion that the opportunites have been had or is there still a ways to go/money to be made from this current boom?

Thoughts anyone? :)

It hasnt completely left dock and sailed, I settled a 3br house in 2770 last month in the very low 200's and not from DOH auction.

What is happening is people setting high prices and whether or not they are getting them at sale time, I dont know. Like 3 bedders in Blackett listed for 350k, which is about 75-100k more than than its worth. It seems to come and go in waves... one month you might have 3 bedders for 270k and no cheapies, next month lots of sub 250k places.

What has sailed is the dirt cheap 180k style reno places... the floor price is firmly in the 200's with all the DIY renovators pushing the prices up.

Just spotted this, 299k for a tiny 3 bedder in Emerton http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-emerton-113736351

Last edited:
What is happening is people setting high prices and whether or not they are getting them at sale time, I dont know. Like 3 bedders in Blackett listed for 350k, which is about 75-100k more than than its worth.

Haha, I think some of them just list them hoping they'll get some sucker to fall in love with the place & pay the stupid amount.

That all seems to make sense guys, thanks! Oh and Datto, it's not the redbacks that are so acary, it's those damn termites :eek: I hope you're a DD legend and get your pest inspections done before you buy? ;)

It hasnt completely left dock and sailed, I settled a 3br house in 2770 last month in the very low 200's and not from DOH auction.

What is happening is people setting high prices and whether or not they are getting them at sale time, I dont know. Like 3 bedders in Blackett listed for 350k, which is about 75-100k more than than its worth. It seems to come and go in waves... one month you might have 3 bedders for 270k and no cheapies, next month lots of sub 250k places.

What has sailed is the dirt cheap 180k style reno places... the floor price is firmly in the 200's with all the DIY renovators pushing the prices up.

Just spotted this, 299k for a tiny 3 bedder in Emerton http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-emerton-113736351

You see the high 200's and 300s as advertised sales but from memory when I looked at actual sold prices, I didn't see any sort of those numbers. I drove through Ropes Crossing on the weekend. Its next to Tregear. I was so shocked. It was like the new Rousehill.

You see the high 200's and 300s as advertised sales but from memory when I looked at actual sold prices, I didn't see any sort of those numbers.

What numbers did you see? Much higher? much lower?

I drove through Ropes Crossing on the weekend. Its next to Tregear. I was so shocked. It was like the new Rousehill.

Hm I don't know Rousehill, but from your "shoked" I guess it's pretty bad.

P.S. Nice linkedin picture, btw. ;)

starter - was that a unit or a house?

I've been looking elsewhere just because competition is so fierce in this area, by the time a house has hit re.com it usually not a very good deal. Agents don't even need to list a place at the moment because their books are so hot.

I might rethink it though, might be good to get one or two more around here and hope this keeps up :D
It's very true. It's quite difficult to find a good deal in those real estates .com.
Where can I get the new lists or first hand info? I'm looking for my first IP in 2770. I'd prefer a house.

So what are the adjoining suburbs worth looking at? Mount Druitt? I don't really know that part of Sydney very well

So what are the adjoining suburbs worth looking at? Mount Druitt? I don't really know that part of Sydney very well

If you are just starting the search there im afraid it might be a little to late. Use your energy elsewhere.

Back