3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

Hiya

Don't quote me but a little bird whispered in my ear to wait till this Friday...a major bank mayl cut their 3 year fixed rates so much they will be the price leader:D (and i have one loan with them and will refinance another if this happens...)-i see tiger stripes in my dream:D

Hi virgo, can you share with us which bank the birdie was talking about?

ING and Citi uped fixed rates this week.

Could be noise or could signal next move is up. I reckon we've bottomed. Oh wait maybe not. Who knows... Def worth fixing some me thinks if you are all variable.

Locking with CBA

I phoned CBA today to try and fix one of my loans for three years. I asked if they could match some of the lower banks three year rate and I was told that he would need to get someone to call me back which is within 24 hours, however as its Friday could be Monday. I was really hoping to lock a rate in today, does anyone know how I can get around this?

Cheers

Pip

I phoned CBA today to try and fix one of my loans for three years. I asked if they could match some of the lower banks three year rate and I was told that he would need to get someone to call me back which is within 24 hours, however as its Friday could be Monday. I was really hoping to lock a rate in today, does anyone know how I can get around this?

Cheers

Pip

I suspect you need to go to branch. Same thing happened with me at the ANZ

Cheers

Pip

Probably going to be a retention team that calls you.

You could go into a branch and get them to complete a pricing request, but they wouldnt get the decision back (could be 1 hour could be 24hours depending on queues) This would also make it a struggle to rate lock today due to the delay in confirmed price matching

Is 5.59% fixed the best people have been able to achieve?

What's the possibility to negoitate a better rate with STG? Considering fixing mine....However would it be too late if I waited till Monday to call my lending contact?

Been burnt before by fixing two at 7.29% this time last year....would hate to repeat it.

Also could fixing cause issues when topping up and re-drawing equity?

Also could fixing cause issues when topping up and re-drawing equity?

Yes, if you need to move lenders due to

1. Sucky Vals
2. Change in Lender Policy
3. Serviceability issues with exist lender
4. LMI exposure issues with exist lender
5. Security property issues with existing lender ( ie they were ok when you bought the place, but now dont like it)

In all of those, for you to move, you would need to break a fixed rate loan and that could be exxxy

ta
rolf

Yes, if you need to move lenders due to

1. Sucky Vals
2. Change in Lender Policy
3. Serviceability issues with exist lender
4. LMI exposure issues with exist lender
5. Security property issues with existing lender ( ie they were ok when you bought the place, but now dont like it)

In all of those, for you to move, you would need to break a fixed rate loan and that could be exxxy

ta
rolf

Understood about moving lenders. Okay to stick it out with current lender for the next few years. But as per current policies and vals coming fine, do they allow for equity top up and re-draw?

Can't control the lender policy....

So why are people fixing with all those risks then? :confused:

Hiya

CBA offered me 5.69% 3 year fixed today but i am going to wait 1 or 2 more days...:p

Virgo, did they give you this rate as you have certain amount of borrowings from them?

I am on a wealth package, and it appears they are offering 5.79% 3 year fixed. I am not too sure how to approach this - I definitely want more of a discount given I fixed one last year at a very high rate! So want to see if I can some how balance it!

Back