3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

What's/who at NAB is the equivalence of the Mortgage Retention Manager, would anyone know ? I would like to contact such a person at NAB.

I was ready to walk once and at the last minutes NAB offered a very good deal. If I have to go through another similar excercise again I won't stay even if NAB has a better offer.

Thanks.

What's/who at NAB is the equivalence of the Mortgage Retention Manager, would anyone know ? I would like to contact such a person at NAB.

I was ready to walk once and at the last minutes NAB offered a very good deal. If I have to go through another similar excercise again I won't stay even if NAB has a better offer.

Thanks.

Send a mortgage discharge to the discharges for all ur places: ) and tell em u are refinancing to wesuck

takes about 38 seconds forthem to pickup the phone

ta
rolf

Is it a good time to fix now or would it be better wait a few months? Just curious what people think. I wanted to fix for 5 years but don't see any good options at the moment. Thanks.

Is it a good time to fix now or would it be better wait a few months? Just curious what people think.

I'm looking for fixing for 5 years at about 5.5%, I've done it a while ago and wouldn't mind doing it again.

I just locked in a chunk of my debt with Westpac at 5.59% for 3 years.

But Westpac will do 5 years at 5.99%, which is also tempting for the remainder.

I am struggling to calculate whether having an offset with fixed rate is worth it. For ease of calculation, say you have $100k in offset. On CBA fixed rate with package, the 2 year fixed rate is 5.59%. It is partial offset of 1.5%. Does that mean that with $100k in offset, you are only saving yourself $1500pa? or is the offset 5.59%-1.5% making it a savings of $4090pa?

its partial, that is 1.5%. either chuck your money in a term deposit, in redraw on the fixed rate (knowing you cant redraw it during the fixed rate period) or find a lender that offsets 100% of their fixed rate loan.

Hi all,
Just report back that I have 5.55% 3 years from NAB. But this is just equal to what BOQ is currently offering to everyone.
Regards,

5.59% a couple of weeks ago sounded like a good deal.

With markets factoring another one or two rate cuts before year end, is 5.59 something you would still jump on if your variable is 5.86?

Last edited:
Commonwealth Bank will cut interest rates by up to 0.4 percentage points on new one, three, four and five-year fixed-rate home loans. The new interest rates will be available to new customers, or customers looking to switch from variable to fixed rate home loans from Friday, September 7.

Back