A shower room anyone?

As I continue to search for a property in my price range it seems that every house has it's own "special" feature.

I was going to view one on the weekend and I noticed there was no shower in the bathroom so I called that agent to ask about this. No flooplan either of course.
She tells me that there is a shower room:eek:....kind of like a toilet but it has a shower inside it.
I've seen many things in my 41 years but never a shower room.

Does anyone know what this is? I imagine a humid, slimy, mould ridden and smelly room....hope i'm wrong!

Schweedy, so is it a housing commission thing?
It's in Melbourne.

This house is not a housing commission one and the agent says there is only a shower in there.
That room looks ok though.

We had a shower room in our old flat in Barcelona. It didn't get mouldy or slimey because it had an extractor and a window, but it was a pain in the butt. You'd shower, get out, then have to walk to the bathroom (which was another small room with a toilet, vanity and cupboard) to do your deoderant, hair, make up, etc. Made no sense. If I owned the place...

sounds like a housing commission deal, whereby one panel member had an axe to grind but no design sense whatsoever and managed to bleat long enough and loud enough to be annoying to the point of them including it to shut them up.

because no one in their right mind would do this, and my guess is this particualr panel member was a welded-on piece of old wood who liked the "european" idea of a seperate shower in the 70s - literally.

I've seen lots of them (obviously in my line of work) I also don't like them.

Some I've seen where it's not quite a full wall (30cm gap at the top) so can be easily removed, others you'd have to hope that the wall isn't weight bearing and knock it out.

The house has an inground pool....dodgy and needing work of course. So i highly doubt it's a housing commission house.
Certainly doesn't look like one, and i'm so hoping that it isn't.

A house that we were going to buy earlier in the year had a shower room. It was definitely not housing commission. The house was about 120 years old. Beautiful old house. Had we gone through with the sale the shower room was going to go though! It did have two bathrooms so I doubt it would have got used anyway if we lived there. As it turned out, a family member bought the house instead of us, and they do use it (Although with 8 people in the house it is kind of necessary!

I lived in a unit in Mentone (non housing commission) for 5 years that had a shower cupboard/room. It was a bit dark but fine, functioned perfectly well.

Exactly.

I wouldn't live in a housing commission area. This area isn't one although I'm sure there are housing commission homes scattered all around Melbourne.

That's never bothered me, each to their own.

FWIW there's plenty of housing commission properties around Croydon.

Managed a few privately owned then leased to DOH.

About 5 years ago I was looking for a rental property with a mate. We came across a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house in Doncaster on realestate.com.au that seemed to fit what we needed.

After attending the inspection we realised that the rental agent was a little creative with the 2 bathroom description.

There were three doors all accessed from the hallway. 1st was a toilet, 2nd has a bath and vanity & the 3rd had a shower. I thanked the agent for wasting our time and left.

Does it have another bathroom? Can you convert one into a toilet/vanity room and the other into a shower/vanity/bath room?

Basically just a separate toilet - or even keep a second toilet in the bigger bathroom (if there is one).

They're all side by side, bathroom, shower room and toilet. 3 separate rooms.
I imagine the bathroom and shower room could possibly become one big bathroom.

Back