A tip for remembering a partners birthday or other important anniversary!!

When my husband turned 30 one of the presents I bought him was a chameleon rose. He didn't seem too impressed but every year now as it begins to go into flower it reminds me his birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Just remembered today he's about to turn 41. I'll have to get a plant now to remember our wedding anniversary in March and I'll be set. :)

When my husband turned 30 one of the presents I bought him was a chameleon rose. He didn't seem too impressed but every year now as it begins to go into flower it reminds me his birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Just remembered today he's about to turn 41. I'll have to get a plant now to remember our wedding anniversary in March and I'll be set. :)

That's a good tip but you've got to watch those plants that respond to the wacky seasons and flower late.

My tip is to marry someone that shares your birthday like I did. I remember hubbys birthday everytime :D.

or get married on a day like ... hey Australia Day! (like hubby and i did) - then you not only never forget, but you also get the day off work.

Or marry on some recognisable date ie 10/10/10 as many people apparently did this year..

Of course you may now need to wait until next year on 11/11/11 or 12/12/12

Public holidays work great for us. My birthday is just before Christmas, two of the kids are just after Christmas, partner is on Anzac day and the newest kid is American independance day. And of course we started dating on his birthday (had to wait till he was legal ;) ) so that's easy to remember too.

Back