Abbott policies at Liberal Conference

The lack of information and details in your post is reminiscent of a Tony Abbott policy :p

The emphasis is on Abbott's policies not my rehash of his policies. However for the lazy, my observation is that the economy can be revived by the Coalition with prudent policies, eg:

1 Get rid of the Carbon Tax. No need to send money overseas to address the carbon emission problem. Address it at home.

2 Address infrastructure neglect which states are not individually able to address. Major transport projects in Qld, NSW and Vic. This is the way to expand 'fiscally' without indiscriminate and amateurish insulation and school building programs

3 Stop emphasising distribution above economic growths eg Qantas has to resort to lock out to achieve a resolution. While there is no distributions to shareholders, workers are paid and insist on how company is to be run (for their benefits). Many other policies collectively show ineptitude eg removal of capital gain concession on foreign investments and arrogant cessation of cattle export of the whole industry.

Above has my interpretation of the overall tenor of his talk. If only people will listen to his talks if you want to know more than address his policies content.

By the way I do not expect the Opposition to deliver fine hone details of their policies with their limited funding outside of government. The onus is very much on the incumbent government to deliver and implement policies well given the access to all the machinery of government, treasury and external consultancies.

In fact, it is a shame if they fail to deliver and implement policies as demonstrated by the asylum seeker drama played out in the north of Australia. It was bound to fail from the time of announcement. Since then it is a muddling through given the dysfunctional partnership between the Greens and the government. More boats will continue to arrive as the seekers recognise a dysfunctional government even if rusted on supporters have their blinkers on.

And a load of planes carrying brutal who overstay their visas. But no one cares about them. Despite them being illegal. When seeking asylum isn't.

What nonsense that no one cares about them. Utter nonsense. They too are processed in the appropriate manner. Less publicity of course because they aren't drowning.

I like Clive palmers thoughts on the issue. Let these people fly in instead of getting on boats. Why do you reckon they don't do that? It's heaps cheaper and much safer.

What nonsense that no one cares about them. Utter nonsense. They too are processed in the appropriate manner. Less publicity of course because they aren't drowning.

I like Clive palmers thoughts on the issue. Let these people fly in instead of getting on boats. Why do you reckon they don't do that? It's heaps cheaper and much safer.

It's also because the flight ones have all the papers and will be filtered out by the immigration and customs channels on both government sides while the sailing ones want to discard any identification papers and let the Australian government sort that out in long due time.

It's also because the flight ones have all the papers and will be filtered out by the immigration and customs channels on both government sides while the sailing ones want to discard any identification papers and let the Australian government sort that out in long due time.
if they have papers then why are they NOT staying here legally

from the 50000 estimated arriving in planes illegally MOST stay here ilegally

another thing discussed at the lib conference
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/let-asylum-seekers-fly-in-palmer/story-e6frf7jo-1226412977669

Plane solution

Mr Palmer, speaking at today's Liberal Party federal council in Melbourne, says the Federal Government's position on not issuing visas to asylum seekers fleeing Indonesia fuelled the people smuggling trade.

The mining tycoon said the Government should allow asylum seekers to pay their own plane fare into Australia.

found this link
not sure if that was what was on radio

http://www.rothsteinlawyers.com/unlawful

Visa Overstays and Unlawful Non-Citizens

Each year we see many people who are in Australia but who do not hold a valid Australian visa. Many of these people have either overstayed their visa or had their existing visa cancelled. The Department of Immigration and Citizenship has estimated that the number of people who have overstayed their visas and who are in Australia at any one time is over 50,000.

if they have papers then why are they NOT staying here legallyfrom the 50000 estimated arriving in planes illegally MOST stay here ilegally

[/B]

Hi

For one, it can happen like this. I was an expatriate worker in Singapore. After 5 years of working I forgot to renew the VISA or the personnel department forgot about it and I became an illegal worker. I was detained in the lockup. Bailed out, the company paid a fine and personnel manager was reprimanded. I was an illegal stayer unintentionally.

For another, they may come on a tourist VISA, loved the place and over stayed. If you stayed longer than permitted you are illegal automatically, whether intentionally or unintentionally. So, what's the big deal? :rolleyes:

Hi

For one, it can happen like this. I was an expatriate worker in Singapore. After 5 years of working I forgot to renew the VISA or the personnel department forgot about it and I became an illegal worker. I was detained in the lockup. Bailed out, the company paid a fine and personnel manager was reprimanded. I was an illegal stayer unintentionally.

For another, they may come on a tourist VISA, loved the place and over stayed. If you stayed longer than permitted you are illegal automatically, whether intentionally or unintentionally. So, what's the big deal? :rolleyes:
how many overstay ON PURPOSE and how many are found and returned.
Just the ones that come by plane are not mentioned as it does not
suit the political agenda.
I am NOT for illegals coming to Australia by boat or plane
just saying that they do not only come with boats but plane as well.
If you want to come here
come through the right channels

Wonder why the term illegal immigrants suddenly became the PC version and hence assylum seekers.

If they were true assylum seekers then they would escape to the nearest safe country and approach the embassy for assylum.

Anyhow - as for Libs giving detail - it's a bit hard to give accurate detail when you don't know the total extent of the **** up you're going to receive ... bit like the massive multi billion dollar undisclosed black hole that the NSW state government inherited. That put a real damper on their election promises as they believed the (then) Labor government as to how much was in the kitty.

Wonder why the term illegal immigrants suddenly became the PC version and hence assylum seekers.

If they were true assylum seekers then they would escape to the nearest safe country and approach the embassy for assylum.

Anyhow - as for Libs giving detail - it's a bit hard to give accurate detail when you don't know the total extent of the **** up you're going to receive ... bit like the massive multi billion dollar undisclosed black hole that the NSW state government inherited. That put a real damper on their election promises as they believed the (then) Labor government as to how much was in the kitty.

It's because there is nothing illegal in seeking asylum in a signatory country of the relevant UN treaty.

Calling them illegal is simply factually incorrect.

...If you want to come here
come through the right channels

Most agree with this except the G***** whose agenda nowadays seemingly is disproportionately more for aliens than citizens. Consequently, there is mismatch between political demands of constituents and politicians eg illegals under lengthy processing are assured of housing, financial assistance, legal assistance and social assistance over citizens. Little wonder some disadvantaged Australians can feel ignored and upset.

Most agree with this except the G***** whose agenda nowadays seemingly is disproportionately more for aliens than citizens. Consequently, there is mismatch between political demands of constituents and politicians eg illegals under lengthy processing are assured of housing, financial assistance, legal assistance and social assistance over citizens. Little wonder some disadvantaged Australians can feel ignored and upset.

I am concerned about this as well. If our country was one where there was little/no welfare like the USA, then there would be no issue with accepting more refugees. Apart from the social integration issues etc, economically speaking this would most likely be beneficial as a greater population means greater demand for goods and services, and more businesses are likely to open and make profit. Without the generous safety net these people are forced to work, forced to do business to make a living and we are all better off. Some people have credited the success of the USA to the strong migration from displaced migrants from Europe (Italians, Jews etc).

However, as it currently stands, the vast majority of these type of migrants simply remain on social welfare. There was a study showing that after 5 years of settlement, 90% of Afghan refugees remained on Centrelink. How is this sustainable? It is difficult to see how their chronic reliance on our very generous social welfare system could ever result in a betterment of Australia's economic progress. Welfare recipients do not pay tax, but they take tax money for themselves. They do not work, and rely on the rest of us to do so. This extends not just to Centrelink payments but to the Health system as well which, as we all know, is free for all and Health spending never goes down. Those of poorer social economic status see doctors and use medicare far more often - why do you think areas like Springvale in Victoria, a poorer area, has 50 doctors (that are all busy) in a 2km radius???

The great pity is that the Greens like this policy because they do not appreciate the consequences of the failures. All they are concerned about is the 'UNHCR' this, 'international law' that (watch Christine Milne's interview on the 7.30 Report). I'm sorry but these are just treaties made with international bodies and are always secondary to the sovereignty of a Nation to make its own decisions for its own people. I for one am sick of this rubbish and can't wait for the 2013 election to make my voice heard.

I am concerned about this as well. If our country was one where there was little/no welfare like the USA, then there would be no issue with accepting more refugees. Apart from the social integration issues etc, economically speaking this would most likely be beneficial as a greater population means greater demand for goods and services, and more businesses are likely to open and make profit. Without the generous safety net these people are forced to work, forced to do business to make a living and we are all better off. Some people have credited the success of the USA to the strong migration from displaced migrants from Europe (Italians, Jews etc).

I believe there is a reversal of migration back to where they came from (eg Mexico) as unemployment affects the recent arrivals.

However, as it currently stands, the vast majority of these type of migrants simply remain on social welfare. There was a study showing that after 5 years of settlement, 90% of Afghan refugees remained on Centrelink. How is this sustainable? It is difficult to see how their chronic reliance on our very generous social welfare system could ever result in a betterment of Australia's economic progress. Welfare recipients do not pay tax, but they take tax money for themselves. They do not work, and rely on the rest of us to do so. This extends not just to Centrelink payments but to the Health system as well which, as we all know, is free for all and Health spending never goes down. Those of poorer social economic status see doctors and use medicare far more often - why do you think areas like Springvale in Victoria, a poorer area, has 50 doctors (that are all busy) in a 2km radius???

Mainstream parties with responsibility to juggle the multi faceted demands of all Australians understand the need for quotas for a particular humanitarian intake. Lobby groups don't. They understand narrow needs, hence financial demands and consequently taxes. They don't seem to come up with any idea for sustainable economic and balanced growth.

The great pity is that the Greens like this policy because they do not appreciate the consequences of the failures. All they are concerned about is the 'UNHCR' this, 'international law' that (watch Christine Milne's interview on the 7.30 Report). I'm sorry but these are just treaties made with international bodies and are always secondary to the sovereignty of a Nation to make its own decisions for its own people. I for one am sick of this rubbish and can't wait for the 2013 election to make my voice heard.

As above and I wouldn't be surprised that the international treaties entered into by mainstream parties when in government were developed by members of this group to a large extent. Beliefs incubated in ivory towers to be contempt of capitalist growth economies and post-graduate career financial self-interest intertwined to drive outcomes at international forums that their ministers were hoodwinked to support unwittingly. It would be revealing if political membership of nominees to international fora are available.

Comments as above.

Calling them illegal is simply factually incorrect.

They are illegal.

They paid 5 or 10 grand for a seat on the boat, so they aren't poor. And as 95% are fit young men, they have left behind their families to fend for themselves, so they aren't running from something bad or else they wouldn't have left on their own, and we don't need that sort of person here.

We all know what's really going on.

See ya's.

Back