ALP Doomed but how many seats will they get?

Wrong, LIVE NOW, Windsor not to contest the Election and will not support Rudd as new leader if no vote confidence is called.

It's not wrong. Tony Windsor has consistently polled above his opponents during this Parliament, for those who believe opinion polls.

All irrelevant now of course, just to prove again that politics can all change in a hour.

Meanwhile, over in the US, the Flat Earth Society has been put on notice.

And so the wheel turns...

:rolleyes:

Katter would support Rudd from a parliamentary perspective.

IMO we're at a similar point to one nation. There's a swag of voters that don't want to vote for ALP or LNP, so they'll vote for anything else, but not the greens - so that means Palmer's or Katter's party.

The mad parties will get enough votes to be lucky for one, or maybe two seats in the lower house, if they're lucky. But they might get a few in the upper house.

The crazy parties may block supply.

I see a DD in 1.865 years.

What a bunch of losers he and Oakeshott are. Good riddance. Don't even have the guts to have the electorate pass its judgment on their betrayal.

Pull your head in, Windsor has some health problems, he's entitled to retire.We complain about declining standards of politicians but the public is just as hopeless

Agree with Oakshott, i think he wouldve been smashed

I see a DD in 1.865 years.

Pretty much guaranteed anyway because of this pledge from Tony Abbott.

Notably, this bit:

If Labor and the Greens combine to block the express will of the Australian people, a Coalition Government would seek dissolution of both Houses of Parliament. We would then introduce the legislation to abolish the Carbon Tax at a subsequent Joint Sitting of the Parliament.

Unlike the Prime Minister, I mean what I say: there will be no Carbon Tax under a government I lead.

It's hard to see how the repeal legislation would get through the Senate in the (likely) absence of a Coalition majority there due to the half Senate election. Unless Labor goes completely to water and chooses to become forever irrelevant (which on recent history I concede is quite a possibility but lets at least hope they will have learnt their lesson by now...).

So I fully expect to be going back to the ballot box within about one year. Which would be ironic from a majority government given minority government lasted three years. But that's what happens when you make silly promises... as we saw from Ms Gillard prior to the last election!

Pull your head in, Windsor has some health problems, he's entitled to retire.We complain about declining standards of politicians but the public is just as hopeless

Agree with Oakshott, i think he wouldve been smashed

I have to agree. They were not losers in the political game. I think they where winners!

They both knew, full and well, if we are the kingmakers, we are in for it , either way. They chose ALP, possibly because they knew they could get more $$$$ for their electorate that path.

I would be surprised if both electorates are not awash in Gov cash. In that case, they, Oakshott and Windsor, have done their job for the locals

What i see is not them expecting to lose personally so much as them seeing the NLP will win and then having to "pay dues" for the ALP call, this way both seats go NLP and then Abbott has to look after those voters for 2017 not punish.

Everything in politics is positioning.

Peter

IT IS ON!!!!

Not surprisingly the odds are now tighter than a fish's backside.

$1.85 each.

In gambling you can bet on one, and possibly win.

But in this case, Australia loses no matter who wins (and the ALP too, for that matter).

This Rudd / Gillard era is the worst Federal Govt in our federated history.....even worse than Labor's Whitlam era, if that is possible.

At least the ALP (circa the 1970's) was united behind Whitlam.

Rudd now $1.80
Julia $1.90.

(Literally just changed)

Still $1.10 Coalition
And $6.00 ALP

But that will change too....

What a bunch of losers he and Oakeshott are. Good riddance. Don't even have the guts to have the electorate pass its judgment on their betrayal.

Windsor was ahead in the polls, in all likelihood he would have won the seat again. As for betrayal, that is complete bollocks. The people of regional Australia, including Windsor's seat, have done quite well out of this parliament. As usual, you don't know what you are talking about.

The happiest man in New England today would Barnaby Joyce.

At least the ALP (circa the 1970's) was united behind Whitlam.

YOu know, this made me thinking. If Rudd and Turnbull and thosemiddle ALP and NLP members decided to form a new party called, say, the Centre Party. They could well win the election. Extreme Right and Left left out of the game!

:confused: Peter

Windsor was ahead in the polls, in all likelihood he would have won the seat again. As for betrayal, that is complete bollocks. The people of regional Australia, including Windsor's seat, have done quite well out of this parliament.

If he was that confident then he'd face the election. Guess rats and sinking ships don't stay together for long. Pork barrelling is not compensation for betraying the conservative nature of the electorate.

The happiest man in New England today would Barnaby Joyce.

I would agree with that one.

if he was that confident then he'd face the election. Guess rats and sinking ships don't stay together for long.

what part of he has health problems dont you understand? wold you rather he runs and then resigns just so you're happy? what would you like to see him do here?

by all means criticise him for some of his decisions over the last 22 years but to pick on this is petty

If he was that confident then he'd face the election. Guess rats and sinking ships don't stay together for long. Pork barrelling is not compensation for betraying the conservative nature of the electorate.

He's 62 and has put up with such vitriol as you show in your post for nearly 3 years now.
Time for him to take a rest from being the target of the ugly side of Australia.

SMH reports:

Kevin Rudd's supporters have started circulating a caucus petition to allow a challenge to Julia Gillard for the prime ministership.
Rudd's forces have launched the process in the confident expectation that Mr Rudd is prepared to stand, and that he has a majority.

Expected Wednesday or Thursday night.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...ership-vote-20130626-2owgx.html#ixzz2XHqbq0CY

IT IS ON!!!!

Peter

They have taken up the challenge from Gillard then.
So what's the likely scenario if they succeed?
Rudd leads Labor to an early election with Abbott taking over government as caretaker.

We complain about declining standards of politicians but the public is just as hopeless

No, the public is doing what they always have. Vote out the incompetent Government. You would only say that public is hopeless if you don't agree with what they said. I was distraught when the ALP returned to Government in 2010 but that doesn't mean I call the public who voted for the ALP as hopeless just because they disagree with me. That's just being childish - we get the Government we vote for.

He's 62 and has put up with such vitriol as you show in your post for nearly 3 years now.
Time for him to take a rest from being the target of the ugly side of Australia.

Part and parcel of the political landscape. As long as there are no threats to liberty or life, all is fair game. I don't accept his age as an excuse.

what part of he has health problems dont you understand? wold you rather he runs and then resigns just so you're happy? what would you like to see him do here?

by all means criticise him for some of his decisions over the last 22 years but to pick on this is petty

He "says" health issues.

I very much doubt it. Was on a flogging to nowhere if he ran.

I know, I live in the electroate and know whats going on here mate.

Health issue is merely strees on the wife & son as he mentioned.

On one likes being hated by all and sundry around you. And that my dear friend is the diagnosis. IMO.

Sold out to the mines and to electorate. Big winner of $$$ but no friends left.

Time to move on.

In the meantime Gonski legislation has been passed in the Senate. And the Vic Premier speaking at 2pm on Gonski, presumably to get on board.

Mmm, now to pay for it..

Back