Any info on Mansfield Brisbane?

Hi Looking to buy an IP in Mansfield any thoughts on the area, price range of properties, future growth potential etc? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Mansfied was the suburb of- brick veneers 3 brd, double garage in the 70's, raise a family and live happily ever after type homes etc. Known earlier days as the bible belt .Now discovered as has good access to town and junction of major highways/freeways.

I live close to Mansfield and would recommend it, or any area around Mount Gravatt. There are 2 types of properties in Mansfield
1. Solid bricks on decent land size built in 70/80's unsually high set, forget about anything under 400k, average price 500k
2. Ex Housing commision cottages, prices around 350-400k

For the same price you could go upper mount gravatt area which has better access to the highway, and alot more development activity, alot of older post war homes are being renovated and going for 400-500k typically 3 bed 1 bath lowsets.

Thanks Seank. This place is a brick low set 3 bed 1 bath double garage built 1986 on around 575 sqm. It is also really well presented. Owner will sell for $400K and wants to rent back. From what I can see it seems well priced. Will carry on the research. thanks again

Mansfield has some nice two storey homes with nice views. There's a bit of renovating going on in area -rendering, polished boards, decks and the homes are quality built with large rooms and potential for open-plan. 4x2's are the best but the 3x1's have potential. I wouldn't consider the ex-housing commission though. I don't remember Mansfield being considered as the bible belt but I do remember a period of Christian Outreach followers flocking to the area. Lots of good private and public schools close by also. I like the suburb as it is quite, close to ammenities, and access to freeways.

As a quick guide - Streets surrounding Nucella St. If you find a map most Streets inside of Mingera Street, Casamaria Street, Luprena St, Aminya Street. The streets on the outside that I just mentioned are OK though. They would be the cheaper homes 3x1 fibro and wooden homes.

What is wrong with ex-housing commission houses

" I wouldn't consider the ex-housing commission though."

Why?

I am looking for a property at the moment and I have seen quite a few housing commission houses in my searches in various suburbs.

Could people please explain why to avoid housing commission? Are they of shoddy construction?

Thanks
Jesse Taylor

I'm just referring that Mansfield has better value for money to purchase a non exhousing comm. house and there is a big difference in lifestyle between the two in this particular suburb.

I would consider purchasing an ex housing commission house in neighbouring Mt Gravatt and other southern suburbs though.

I would not be rushing to buy ex-housing commission houses because they still look like housing commission houses. This will slowly change as they are altered and look less "poor cousin". In nearby suburbs, there are whole streets with not a plant, not a tree, just a little house plonked in the middle of a (sometimes) big block.

That will change over time, and is already changing right now, but it does cut down the buyers (in my opinion).

If I had buckets of money, I would try to buy lots of these, because as land gets scarce, these streets WILL change and get more valuable. Trouble with buying in one of these streets now is that for quite a number of years, you may alter your own, but until the street changes, you have the best house in the worst street, not the best idea.

Back